Are CRIME best effin 'real' punk band or what?

Buick6

too punk to drunk
Can't get enough of this mob. Pioneering SF punks playing chugga-chugga punk rock with guitar solos that go fo rthe whole song and enough 'modernist' chord changes and simplicity to keep Richard Hell and Voidoid abstractionists and Ramones purists equally happy.

top shelf.

Woebot

Buick6 said:
Can't get enough of this mob. Pioneering SF punks playing chugga-chugga punk rock with guitar solos that go fo rthe whole song and enough 'modernist' chord changes and simplicity to keep Richard Hell and Voidoid abstractionists and Ramones purists equally happy.

top shelf.

slightly dissenting opinion here. i was always curious baout crime after sonic youth did that cover of "hotwire my heart" (best sonic youth ever?). and then had my interest revived by Jay Strongman here (http://agonyshorthand.blogspot.com/ which looks like its still going strong!)

anyway checked out this compilation of theirs and was pretty disappointed. not quite weird or screwed up enough. think chrome were what i wanted when i went looking for crime!

polystyle

wave

While Crime's record may well sound good enough now,
i did see them bk in the day @ CB's and it was simply 'ok' , certainly not the 'Best' anything,
pretty corny really .

W Coast 'punk' ?- i always liked The Screamers (basis is the live shows i caught bk then)