The worst music ever...

Buick6

too punk to drunk
Here in Australia, we have a free-to-air music show call Rage, that generally plays more left-field music late at night, most of the bands you never hear from again beyond their video clips.

Anyway last night they had some of the worst music I think I've ever seen, amongst yr horribly conservative neo-Born-again-christian irony of Ben Lee and Ben Folds and the Greg Araki/Gus Van Sant wet-dreams of Sigur Ros and Deathcab for Cutie and Blok Party, was one band who were called I think REDMOND or RAYMOND or REDBEARD or something, they were basically these totally HORRIBLE English Oxford-private-school weeds that were basically trying to rip off the Band ala 'The Last Waltz' hook line and sinker. The lead singer would swing his elbow out every now again like Robbie Roberston and the bass player basically holds and plays his bass like Rick Danko. Needless to say they sounded like Oasis or Cast or some other Brit pop Shite, basically didn't have an original bone in their pathetic lame-ass post-modern bodies...

Not soon after was some band called SONS and DAUGHTERS, who pretty much sound EXACTLY like 'Hatful of Hollow' period Smiths, but the record industry execs musta thought they were true GENIUSES after snorting heaps of coke with this band with their 'interesting' twist - the band are fronted by a chick who sings like Morrissey!!!

I was yelling to see something truly outraeous and 'fuck you', like Divine singing 'Im so beautiful', at least it's trash, unlike the trash-in-denial-thinking-its-subversive-or-clever-or-worse-IMPORTANT that's 'pop' music today...

Last edited:

don_quixote

Trent End
nah i quite like sons and daughters actually

although that song is probably the worst on the album, not sure why theyre playing it

outraygeous

when i was in music college. one of the lectures used to play music concreté or something.
it was random noise.

once he played a piece i found sooooo disturbing i almost had to walk out

zhao

there are no accidents
outraygeous said:
when i was in music college. one of the lectures used to play music concreté or something. it was random noise.

yeah that stuff is not for the weak, intellectually challenged, or aesthetically under-developed.

Diggedy Derek

Stray Dog
Not soon after was some band called SONS and DAUGHTERS, who pretty much sound EXACTLY like 'Hatful of Hollow' period Smiths, but the record industry execs musta thought they were true GENIUSES after snorting heaps of coke with this band with their 'interesting' twist - the band are fronted by a chick who sings like Morrissey!!!

Saw this a while back and forgot to comment, but I rather like Sons And Daughters, who surely don't sound like The Smiths at all. They've got two singers for a start, and the woman is more Scottish grit than English feyness.

I saw them at an All Tommorow's Parties a while back, which was basically packed with acts who were 25 trying to look 45, wearing beards and jumpers and singing miserable acoustic songs. It was fucking awful, and then Sons And Daughters come on and have more sex appeal and blood and sweat than the whole of the rest of the festival.

Anyway, I think they're really underated, and I can't understand how they sounded so like The Smiths unless you had your head in a cardboard box or something!

dsp13

GAMEBWOY
outraygeous said:
when i was in music college. one of the lectures used to play music concreté or something.
it was random noise.

My old lecturer used to play Kenny G every week for about 10 minutes before our lecture... I would've gladly traded places with you!

Grievous Angel

Beast of Burden
See, most people here would be boasting about how they used to listen to musique concrete at college lectures... big up for being honest.

I like Ben Folds, or at least the Ben Folds Five. I didn't know he was born again (is he? really?), and if so, that's terribly ecumenical of me.

Gido

night tripper
in my world

duh! it has to be trance, cliche or not. why? all the time and effort that got waisted, not to mention the dissappointment, driving up to some illegal rave and it turns out to be fucking *****

what's the deal with illegal party's in your precious town anyway? here, in amsterdam: since mid-nineties they evacuated all the big spaces, teared 'em down flat to the ground... the government and local authority almost terminated the plague of illegal ravers. at some point, a squat party could consisted of 5 dogs, 3 crusties with a bong, and a blown-up speaker. desperate! in the middle of nowhere.
every now and then, there's some new place, but if it's good it just can't last. i always liked the illegal thing, especially if it's big and hardcore.