Reccomend me some techno/house

Kuma

The Konspirator
Using these reference points.

Villalobos on record (dexter, chromosoul, etc)
Matthew Jonson.
Melancholy robot funk.

zhao

there are no accidents
sonically adventurous minimal-techno, digi-dub-house and futuristic breaks/electro is what I've concentrated on for the past... oh... 5 years or so as a DJ. both the introspective listening moody clicks'n'bass as well as the G4 to the floor maximum oomph variety...

recommended all time favorites off the top:

Thomas Brinkmann (not the latest albums. earlier is all solid, go for Rosa series 12's and compiled on CD)

Kit Clayton - anything by this strange skinny boy. especially Repititon and Nonsense, and Nek Sonalet.

Stewart Walker - anything before the latest album, Grounded.

Jan Jelinek and his various aliases.

ofcourse all the Kompakt shit. and the sub label Onitor is of improbably high quality.

regardless if you have anything to trade, if you give me your address I can send you a mix or 2. I'll prolly pick 1 hype and 1 mellow for your ear-buds...

S

simon silverdollar

dominik eulberg

luciano aka lucien nicolet

galloppierende zurversicht (download their free mp3 mix on their wesbite- http://www.bruchstuecke.com cuz its nangle

and the new isolee record.

Last edited by a moderator:

kingofcars

the new isolee album is definitely worth checking out. it took me a few listens, but now it's probably my favorite record of the summer. i'll be seeing him play in a few hrs, actually..yay!

check out konrad black...
also, most of the stuff on the areal label. the new metope album is pretty cool.
definitely fits the 'melancholy robo-funk' description.

ehh..loads of stuff...

Tim F

What you want is the new Dominik Eulberg double mix-cd, <i>Kreucht & Fleucht</i>, which is the closest thing to a definitive compendium of the post-Villalobos brand of woozy, psychedelic minimal <i>dancefloor</i> techno (Eulberg himself, Jonson, Trentemoller, James Holden, Alex Smoke, Luciano, etc.) - apparently called "ketamine house"...

Stuff not on there you should also track down:

Luciano - Bomberas
Envoy - Move On (Alex Smoke Dub)
DJ Hell - Following You (Dominik Eulberg Mix)
Le Dust Sucker - Mean Boy (Dominik Eulberg Mix)
Trentemoller - Physical Fraction, Sunstroke, Minimal Fox
Yoshimoto - Do What You Do (Trentemoller Mix)
M83 - Teen Angst (Luciano Mix)
Alex Smoke - Neds, Don't See The Point, Brian's Lung, Chica Wrappa (Mejor Edit)
All remixes of Andre Kraml's "Safari" (by James Holden, Alex Smoke, Pier Bucci and Kiki & Silversurfer)
lots of stuff I'm forgetting at the moment...

S

simon silverdollar

Tim F said:
What you want is the new Dominik Eulberg double mix-cd, <i>Kreucht & Fleucht</i>, which is the closest thing to a definitive compendium of the post-Villalobos brand of woozy, psychedelic minimal <i>dancefloor</i> techno (Eulberg himself, Jonson, Trentemoller, James Holden, Alex Smoke, Luciano, etc.) - apparently called "ketamine house"...

Stuff not on there you should also track down:

Luciano - Bomberas
Envoy - Move On (Alex Smoke Dub)
DJ Hell - Following You (Dominik Eulberg Mix)
Le Dust Sucker - Mean Boy (Dominik Eulberg Mix)
Trentemoller - Physical Fraction, Sunstroke, Minimal Fox
Yoshimoto - Do What You Do (Trentemoller Mix)
M83 - Teen Angst (Luciano Mix)
Alex Smoke - Neds, Don't See The Point, Brian's Lung, Chica Wrappa (Mejor Edit)
All remixes of Andre Kraml's "Safari" (by James Holden, Alex Smoke, Pier Bucci and Kiki & Silversurfer)
lots of stuff I'm forgetting at the moment...

oh yeh the luciano remix of teen angst is nang(le)

Kuma

The Konspirator
Fuck yes, leave town for 24 hrs and look what I come back to.
Cheers to all, time to go shopping!

matte

def the new isolee record.....also worth trying to track down his breezeblock dj set online.

monne automne - sideline luciano project but worth every effort. i rate it over his 'blind behaviour' album

dj koze - kosi comes around.....new album being hyped up by lots. its quite diverse and in places you start wondering why, but i like artist albums that challenge beyond the conventional

Luomo - vocalcity.....just been re-released. top stuff.

superpitcher....here comes love. good solid stuff

superpitcher - today....its a mix album and pretty darned good

triple r - friends.....also a kompakt friendly mix album and pretty bloody good.

michael

Bring out the vacuum
matte said:
dj koze - kosi comes around.....new album being hyped up by lots. its quite diverse and in places you start wondering why, but i like artist albums that challenge beyond the conventional
Is that the one with the broken falsetto cover of 'We are the World' as a hidden track?? Jesus. That cracks me up.

turtles

in the sea
luciano's stone age and teen angst remix seconded and thirded. especially stone age. man i love that tune.

would also add to the list:

nathan fake - dinamo & coheed
booka shade - mandarine girl (on a more housey tip...HUGE tune)

minikomi

pu1.pu2.wav.noi
Thanks for those mixes simon - im interested to hear any more people have now :)
Nice to bump and grind along to while I start to type out my methods & results... ho hum!

3underscore

simon silverdollar said:
dominik eulberg

luciano aka lucien nicolet

galloppierende zurversicht (download their free mp3 mix on their wesbite- http://www.bruchstuecke.com cuz its nangle

and the new isolee record.

I would say any isolee record. Rest is a quality album as well - the man has a midas touch.

Otherwise, try some Robag Wruhme / Musik Krause stuff, Fairley's work on Dumb Unit is good (as is ANY Jeremy P Caulfield, especially his first Trapez 12").

From the list you have, maybe just buy the whole Perlon backcatalogue.

adverb

smith n hack
most things on bruchsteucke - styro 2000, bang-goes, serafin, gallopriende zuversicht
luciano's cadenza imprint
baby ford
cristian vogel's new label, sleep debt, via kompakt
boogizm - s*max and fym
the circus company and karat labels - ark, krikor, cabanne, noze, mossa
someone else
sleeparchive
troy pierce
audion
the mysterious pom pom label
jay haze

all i can think of right now. so head over to juno.co.uk and listen to all this shit :)

michael

Bring out the vacuum
Downloaded all the free MP3s from the Bruchstruecke releases. Quite a mixed bag, but pretty interesting. Is the Luciano track available there indicative of his sound? It's very mellow and kinda un-techno...

michael

Bring out the vacuum
Oh yeah, I'd downloaded the older Sami Koivikko mixes in the past, but deleted them cos I never listened to them. This Hot Pepper mix is by far my favourite of the three... some great squelchy bits... was listening on headphones while cooking last night and was baffled by these huge rushing tuneless noises... then realised it was the jug boiling. :D