WOEBOT in Spam thread shocker!

Woebot

OK well at least its in the Miscellaneous forum, where it should be! Leading by example as always ;)

I am playing here on Saturday. Some scary New Wave German and some other treats.

-----------------

mini-kosmische club, 24th september + last saturday of every month,*the old blue last, 38 great eastern street, London, EC2A.*FREE ENTRY!*8pm - 12am.* years ago,*38 Great Eastern St was the address of a shoemaker’s store. Then the shoemaker sold up and the building was reborn as the old blue last, a seedy old-fashioned pub with a popular inhouse brothel. we take you to the classiest places, don't we?*dancing. abandon. it's in a pub! in shoreditch! 'young ladies asking for Can', 'dancing around a pole'. come on!

-----------------

Come on down and say hi!

tryptych

waiting for a time
not in town sadly. otherwise i would bring some young ladies along and get them to ask for can, just for you.

nomos

Administrator
Re: WOEBOT in Spam thread shocker!

I thought the accompanying photos in the Mirror were a little distasteful. Not to mention that Liz Hurley had absolutely nothing to do with this.

Woebot

wonk_vitesse said:
yup i hope to pop by for Jim's b'day, ace pub, just hope those Vice peeps don't redecorate.

come and say hi. itd be great to meet you!

(bumps up thread) :)

Woebot

Woops, forgot to move this in with the other stuff yesterday....

(bumps up thread, again again again)

k-punk

Spectres of Mark
I'll be going... before moving on to Slimelight to see Powernoisers Izoloscope

(bumps up thread, again)

Woebot

twas cool to see Nena, must have missed dr.k and martin who may or may not have made it down (had to peel off myself close to 11). went with zero expectations of seeing anyone and of playing to an empty room, so was kind of taken aback that the place was rammed to the gills. (nena asks: "are they all here to see you?" cue my kind of quizzikal expression "dont imagine they are....")

biggest track of the night definitelt the eskimo re-fix which sounds EXACTLY like a monged-out bit of early 80s teutonic ur-techno

weird to be DJing again after so long.

tryptych

waiting for a time
WOEBOT said:
twas cool to see Nena, must have missed dr.k and martin who may or may not have made it down (had to peel off myself close to 11). went with zero expectations of seeing anyone and of playing to an empty room, so was kind of taken aback that the place was rammed to the gills. (nena asks: "are they all here to see you?" cue my kind of quizzikal expression "dont imagine they are....")

biggest track of the night definitelt the eskimo re-fix which sounds EXACTLY like a monged-out bit of early 80s teutonic ur-techno

weird to be DJing again after so long.

The Old Blue Last always seems to be rammed when I've been there... and I'm damn sure that they don't turn out to see me or my mates DJ. I think it might have something to do with Vice owning the venue now...?

wonk_vitesse

radio eros
loadsa great tunes when i was there, everything from congotronics to donna summer, yes :p popped upstairs & music was dull as f'k.

twas great to see you too matt + yr 'strange attractor' (?) mate. would be quite curious to see that mag. mark k-p didn't make it in the end (too busy watching powernoise at slimelight) + I didn't see martin either. but me and my welsh friends were behind you all the way!

got really into the music esp. later on - throbbing gristle (I thought it was anyway!), kraftwerk, soft cell remix + the 20 million-year long version of 'I feel love' all splendid + there was even a little bit of room to dance, which was ace. I got some mild comments about my braces tho! (in the toilets, some girl to her mate: 'gawd, you get all sorts in here...' pah!), but guess it's a bit more hipster than most of places I normally go...and yeah, it was unbelivably packed...and really hot....

Matt said: 'biggest track of the night definitely the eskimo re-fix which sounds EXACTLY like a monged-out bit of early 80s teutonic ur-techno'...yeah, me and owen were discussing this (he wanted to meet you, btw, but think you'd just gone at that point)....it's true isn't it? the coldness and odd neutrality is a real continuity between the German stuff/grime...anyway, definitely be up for more kosmische nites, especially somewhere more dance and less drink-oriented!

Woebot

infinite thought said:
twas great to see you too matt + yr 'strange attractor' (?) mate. would be quite curious to see that mag. mark k-p didn't make it in the end (too busy watching powernoise at slimelight) + I didn't see martin either. but me and my welsh friends were behind you all the way!

got really into the music esp. later on - throbbing gristle (I thought it was anyway!), kraftwerk, soft cell remix + the 20 million-year long version of 'I feel love' all splendid + there was even a little bit of room to dance, which was ace. I got some mild comments about my braces tho! (in the toilets, some girl to her mate: 'gawd, you get all sorts in here...' pah!), but guess it's a bit more hipster than most of places I normally go...and yeah, it was unbelivably packed...and really hot....

Matt said: 'biggest track of the night definitely the eskimo re-fix which sounds EXACTLY like a monged-out bit of early 80s teutonic ur-techno'...yeah, me and owen were discussing this (he wanted to meet you, btw, but think you'd just gone at that point)....it's true isn't it? the coldness and odd neutrality is a real continuity between the German stuff/grime...anyway, definitely be up for more kosmische nites, especially somewhere more dance and less drink-oriented!

oh bummer i missed owen!

heres the link to mark strange attractor site:

http://www.strangeattractor.co.uk/

it really is the most beautiful/fantastic mag

J

jimbackhouse

sorry to ressurect this thread in the interests of self publicity, but... :rolleyes:

...it's KOSMISCHE time again this saturday (the 29th) at the old blue last.

FREE, 8 - late, as before. more krautrock, ndw, minimal synth-pop, space-jazz, prog, and everything in between, but sadly this month no a-list blogger celebrity djs.

but even so, please come along anyway if you fancy it!