i thought people wanted grime spam to stay up??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Memes

I won't mention what the spam was, for fear of double spamming, but i would have thought letting people know about a FREE event with an often-dissensus-debated artist appearing, and offering forum members concessions for the door charge that starts after 9pm, would be left up.

Last edited:

Memes

grime spam

lol nice on Gabe ;-)

Since you ask, it's wwwhut!? at 93 feet east with lethal B and plasticman, and any dissensus users coming after 9 are welcome to mail jamie@bigdada.com for concessions...

Memes

apology! and more info

damn. curse my quick temper and lack of thought. I apologise to the moderator sincerely.

Stelfox: It's saturday night, 8-1am, free before 9. Be good to meet you, we spoke a couple of times back when i did press at rocketscience, plus Jess from spectre gave you a very good write up when she visited!

stelfox

Beast of Burden
as she should! i'm actually doing something with lethal b the next day. i'll deffo try to reach.

for the record, i think putting the grime spam in another room is a bad idea. i'd have missed this completely becaus ei never check anywhere other than the music room. i'm sure lots more people are like me.

Last edited:

nomos

Administrator
stelfox said:
for the record, i think putting the grime spam in another room is a bad idea. i'd have missed this completely becaus ei never check anywhere other than the music room. i'm sure lots more people are like me.
YES! I thought "spam" poll ended up 2:1 in favour of keeping things as is (was). Not to mention the arbitrariness of whose "spam" is legit and whose isn't. Let's have an Announcements forum or just keep these things in Music where (being about music) they belong. This shove-it-in-Misc thing is just causing confusion.

wot about an 'Events' forum, or a sub-folder in Music for such things....? I reckon Misc should be kept for things like the Kate Moss thread too and not nites (though we could also do with a Fashion forum, mbe)

dominic

Beast of Burden
infinite thought said:
wot about an 'Events' forum, or a sub-folder in Music for such things....? I reckon Misc should be kept for things like the Kate Moss thread too and not nites

i couldn't agree more = this has been my constant position on how to improve dissensus

i.e., keep miscellaneous truly random

and have a separate forum (or sub-folder) for event announcements and mixes

gabriel

The Heatwave
stelfox said:

i was gonna say the same thing but as i typed it i thought 'well maybe i should just check the other room then'. but yeah i preferred it when events were advertised in the music room. i think an events room is a bad idea - i'd definitely never check that as it'd be too boring. but that's not to say i don't want the odd event ad popping up.

also, it';s true that the general consensus after the whole grime spam debate was that we love grime and spam, and particularly the two mixed together - cf the way the initial thread became a lively debate, a general gossip thread developed into a monster, and the 2-1 voting on the poll. i think it's a shame how since then people seem to be cautious about posting up grime/spam.

D

droid

Can we not do the circular post thing again? I think weve had this conversation several times over at this stage...

http://www.dissensus.com/showthread.php?t=2135

It was 2-1 for grime spam in the poll, plus nearly 3 to one against adding any more fora, or moving threads in the actual posts in the 'grime spam' thread...

Though to be fair - no one ever said this was a democracy... :p

Memes

i look at Dissensus more than i post, but i have to say i agree with the, er, consensus here, i'd like to see events in the music section, it usually takes seconds to see if they're interesting and if they're not, no-one is bothered either way.

Most people on the forum only seem to post events of relevance anyway.

stelfox

Beast of Burden
we could easily pare this place down to three forums, with one for music (what the bulk of us use this board for), other culture (films, books etc) and another area encompassing thought, politics, nature etc. it would be much more friendly to use and cut down on the amount of rooms that go for days without anyone looking at them or posting to them.

yeah keep the spam...

Sounds like a good night as well. Nicely double spammed. 93 feet, saturday nite, free before 9? If I wasn't working I'd be there.

owen

infinite thought said:
wot about an 'Events' forum, or a sub-folder in Music for such things....? I reckon Misc should be kept for things like the Kate Moss thread too and not nites (though we could also do with a Fashion forum, mbe)
agree on both counts. also abt the slow stuff (heh being mainly a poster to those sections) i don't think they should be ah, 'centralised'- sometimes they suddenly hot up, like the film forum a little while ago. (hm am toying with starting a load of Art threads...)

k-punk

Spectres of Mark
Even if this were a democracy, the numbers of people who voted on the Grime spam thread were minuscule and were naturally biased towards Grimestas (many folk, like myself, presumably ignoring most threads with the word 'grime' in them as a matter of course). I simply reiterate that I ignore the Music Forum much of the time because of the thread density, much of which seems to come from grime spam. I support the idea of an events and announcements forum. People who only look in Music should broaden their horizons. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.