Damian Marley - We;come To Jamrock, the album

gabriel

The Heatwave
only listened to it once so won't give a final opinion yet but i've heard these three tunes quite a bit outside of listening to the album and they're all wicked:

- khaki suit
- all night
- hey girl

there were some other decent things on there when i listened to the album, but not as good as i expected still - not all cobblers though

Dr.Doom

Umm...
just got the album now

only just got it now,quite good not a big big regge fan but this is a little defferant,got some good stuff goin on.

ripley

haven't heard it. knowingly.

but might i add, dave, that I have no idea whether what you said is positive or negative..

my experience with cobblers is shoemakers, or really tasty fruit-and-crunchy-oat-topping desserts (also called "crumbles" I think)

and now I'm all hungry.

juliand

Right: cobblers? It can't be good, can it? Workmanlike? A baked fruit dessert? An iced drink with rum and sugar?

Clarify, please.

I think the production's likeable, though Damian's just any man.

nick

A Day in the Life
Cobbler's awls -- > balls

This is from world wide words, interesting site.

http://www.worldwidewords.org/qa/qa-cob1.htm

"The source is the phrase cobbler’s awl.
An awl is an ancient pointed tool for making holes in things, the most characteristic tool of any leatherworker; it was an essential part of the shoemaker’s kit, since he was forever piercing leather to sew pieces together. So a cobbler’s awl was as characteristic of his trade as his last, or foot-shaped anvil.
The rhyming slang linked cobbler’s awls with balls, that is, testicles. As was usual with such rhyming slang phrases, the first word later appeared on its own as a kind of half-disguised code, so cobblers! came to be used in the same way as balls!, as an exclamation of derision or disbelief, suggesting something was rubbish or nonsense."

stelfox

Beast of Burden
thank you americans for making me incredibly hungry for something i can't get in england. i would kill for a peach cobbler right now!

Last edited:

mms

sometimes
Blackdown said:
so would you say it's more cobblers or twaddle dave? ;)
or baws
i personally think anything that nas the good name of bob marley looking forward is a good thing

as a fan of reggae i have nothing against this whatsoever even tho i haven't hear the lp

gumdrops

theres a good interview with damian in the new issue of echoes magazine (if anyone here reads that), better than most of the interviews ive read with him as of late.

minikomi

pu1.pu2.wav.noi
really liking what im hearing from damien himself on the tracks i've heard (jamrock, khaki suit, Road To Zion) but i feel that the cameos he has are letting the tracks down. bounty sounds weak on khaki and nas sounds like he just woke up from an afternoon nap on Road To Zion...

actually listening now, Road To Zion is great! better than the a side in my opinion. . .