Youngsta- Live at Forward mix CD

originaldrum

from start till done
yeah its good man - more your fwd dubbier sound than anything coming out of the east, smokers fav crazy d on the mic - good alround mix which gives you an idea of some big tunes and more obscure tracks too

has anyone got a tracklisting btw

appleblim

its basically ALL digital mystikz and loefa...stuff which was then strictly on dub....u can get quite a lot of it now, either on the Grime 2, or the CLASSIC ep DMZ2....you'll recognise so many off there...'lost city'....'10 dread commandments' and the stupendously minimal 'horror show'...this ep is a must for anyone feelin the dub sound....

i think the only tune NOT by DMZ crew is 'crackbong' by D1....harsh tune....its comin out on the new Tempa EP which i'm gonna post about in a minute actually...one of my releases of the year!

i'll sort u a tracklist for the Youngsta soon, i did one for my mate but didn't save it (doofus) ...amother place u can check these bits out is on the Dubplates section of Dubplate.net...loads of Digital Mystikz bits on there...

Kuma

The Konspirator
Most excellent, that sort of thing is rarer than hen's teeth in Vancouver so I'll make a point of grabbing it.

cheers!

appleblim

ok chaps here we go

1. D1 - ? (the tune that fades in)
2. loefa - truly dread
3. loefa - horror show (available on DMZ#2...cold EP!)
4. loefa - voodoo magic (not available)
5. digital mystikz - jah fire (on DMZ#2)
6. digital mystikz - countryman (on Grime 2)
7. digital mystikz - twis' up (v.i.p.) (original on DMZ#1....v.i.p. not out)
8. D1 - crackbong (youngsta v.i.p.) (slightly different mix forthcoming on Dubstep Allstars 2 EP on Tempa)
9. D1 - enigma (not available)
10. loefa - movements (not available)
11. loefa - babylon (not available)
12. digital mystikz - lost city (on DMZ#2 what a tune!)
13. digital mystikz - awake (on DMZ#2)
14. ?

minds gone blank on a couple there...sorry! basically buy DMZ#2....4 tracks of majesty! should still get it from www.bigapplerecords.co.uk Dubstep Allstars 2 comin in December...utterly essential with tunes off the Allstars 1 Hatcha mix for those that remember.....loefa from DMZ sayin somethin big gonna drop from them lot in March '05, bein secretive over what tho! hopefully it'll involve "conference" by mala from the mystikz...total roots/grime crossover....HEAVY!

that youngsta cd brings back memories....i was there! and crazys right it was effing hot! Plastic People sound system is one of the finest i've experienced...youngsta's set felt elemental...devastating bass! totally immersed u know? the way it should be......for my money Youngsta's one of the best DJs in the scene....he played at some parties i was involved in '03, when he used to play less dubby and more across the board and he tore them down!....not knocking him tho.... if i had access to DMZ dubs, thats all i'd play too!

Last edited:

mms

sometimes
dunno if you can get it from big apple as it closed on saturday :(

that loefah mix sounds good tho ,
try www.dubplate.net instead

i think i was at that forward and it was most enjoyable, post nuclear war shit in some ways, that set was totally bombed out