Hate Is A Strong Word....

Tyro

The Kandy Tangerine Man
The latest issue has a page long interview with Fumin, in which they ask him about the night.In the first paragraph of the article the journalist describes the night and to my mind[and I was present] puts a pretty sensationalist spin on events and patronises the performers involved.If you have read their Grimewatch section you will be familiar with their coverage of the Grime scene and this is in keeping with that.

I wouldnt hold your breath for an offical statement.Irony and double talk is probably the best you can hope for from Vice.

Blackdown

nexKeysound
having 'written' for them once, i know personally not to believe a single thing in that mag. large parts of it is made up to come across as sensationalist as possible. it's a bitter magazine. oh and they don't actually pay their writers, despite the pretence to. this isn't just me having had my fingers burnt, i know several stories that were deliberately made up, and other journalists who havent been paid for up two three years worth of writing. the mag's a joke!

Tyro

The Kandy Tangerine Man
Here it is:

SUCK YOUR MUM

FUMIN' IN THE MIDDLE OF ANOTHER GRIME BEEF

WE HAD THE FIRST OF OUR ''HATE IS A STRONG WORD''
grime nights at the Old Blue Last this month.The bar takings were down,the bouncers started crying,but at least there were three rival grime crews on stage having a huge fight.It was like the grime equivalent to the Source Awards when Suge Knight threatened the East Coast.Only without the celebrity,money or audience.

The row between Jammer's Jah Mek The World and Lethal Bizzle's Fire camp came to a head,when both crews turned up unannounced and started exchanging infant school insults.
Fire camp's MC Fumin' didn't make it to the mic before the parental slanging erupted into grade A scuffling,and he was pushed off the stage.

gumdrops

i know vice puts out the RTR series in the US, and there arent too many mags clamouring to put on grime nights, but if i was in the grime scene i wouldnt want to be too associated with a mag like vice.

h-crimm

vice is a swag-mag

can't someone put on a fake '''''''''''IDM''''''''' night as a front for garage? i kno there are respectable people on here who could look smart, sensible and convincing.

outraygeous

laugh out loud at what happend at the pub as a 'scuff'!
it was wrestling, some people got pushed about and thats it. if they had anyone who could run a night present it would of never of got out of hand. but saying that, fuming wouldnt of got dashed off the stage and that was a truly funny moment.

infact i didnt see anyone of any authority in the place. which is odd as it was quite a big event. in grime terms.

the place is sheg anyway, its like the worst function room EVER.

i was expecting some 85 year old barmaid witha baseball bat fag hanging out of her mouth to serve me my beer.

Logan Sama

BestThereIsAtWhatIDo
What I saw was no different to every set I have ever seen in my life with more than 10 people on the mic.

It was a bit of pushing, not even shoving.

They didn't throw anyone off any stages, the stage space is like 5 metres by 2 metres and 25 people were standing on it. when the crowd moves people came off and dropped a whole half metre to the floor off the "stage". Even Chronic fell off, and no one would be pushing him.

mpc

wasteman
are you guys trying to tell me you didn't see me pick up lethal b, throw him through the air onto the stage and knock over the whole of slew dem like skittles?

C

captain easychord

mpc said:
are you guys trying to tell me you didn't see me pick up lethal b, throw him through the air onto the stage and knock over the whole of slew dem like skittles?

ahahaha