Kickboxing

Diggedy Derek

Stray Dog
I used to do it a while back and I recommend it highly- stopped doing it for reasons of money and time. It gets you very fit, it's challenging, it makes you feel a bit harder which is good in London, and the place I went had a really nice vibe where it wasn't aggressive or anything. At the time, I had some problems with a knee injury, and the kind of squats and stuff we did really helped stengthen my knee. There were a lot of girls there, too, which makes for a nice atmosphere. But it was still damn challenging, I count getting a red belt as one of the hardest things I've done, mentally and physically.

Anyway, the place I went is called Springhealth kickboxing (http://www.springhealth.co.uk/) on York Road, off Camden Road. Lessons were about 8 quid for group lessons, which seemed worth it. Nice people.

Any more questions you've got, let me know! I know the people there fairly well.

baboon2004

Darned cockwombles.
That sounds great Derek - thanks for the info, may well check it out in the months to come. One q:when they say 'absolute beginners' class, do they actually mean this? And if they do, presumably there must be some collective start date, rather than just a drop-in kinda system?