Homesick longing for the heavens

samjordison.blogspot.com

I'm a cult anti-hero
Who are your gods?

Do they make a sound the rest of the time?

Do you need new ones?

How do you know there are any gods at all?

Dude, you've got some serious questions to answer!

sufi

lala
a beautiful and eloquent thread ...

... been contemplating an adequately pompous and pious response for some time now,
sarah_bitaq2.jpg
are we so surrounded by the sounds of our gods that it's hard to distinguish the voices or the messages,
mozilla_smile.png

it seems likepya! might be the only cure for that syndrome

as they say:

كتب الله الاحسان على كلّ شئ

god wrote niceness upon all things​

rewch

but then there is the aphorism that al-insan 'abd al'ihsan which i'll let you transliterate properly...

LRJP!

(Between Blank & Boring)
Lately I’ve been amused/intrigued/bewildered by an evangelical advert on a few buses that reads

Be Happy, Love God xxx

It’s all pastels and typographic redundancy, and I like to think it’s from P K Dick…

francesco

Minerva Estassi
Reading a lot of Mythology lately, and always man of the past were in direct communion or conflict with their gods, like in Homer poems, or in the Ancient Testament.

I am born Christian, in italy, and always feel, something that i don't seem to see in other religions, that the core of Christianity is that Suffering is the Way to God (thanks, Pascal). And even in the moment of greatest suffering, Christ on the Cross, He say to GodFather: "why you leave me alone?", for God does in the end (that is not a end but the beginning if you have the Grace of Faith, and are so more lucky than me), leave Him alone in pain.
Now the form of the Cross, which is a Man evolving from a foetal position to the "I embrace all that is" position was changed by the nails in the position of suffering, the base of the Tree of Life charged with pain. But Christ was the son, the Sun, the Thypheret of the world, so the Cross should be a sigh that even in the greatest Pain there is the Gold, the Light? A so diverse way of enlightenment than easter philosophies/religions, truly but what other religions other than Christianity, have as symbol a nailed bleeding suffering man? Sacrifice is the key to Love.

So many things i don't know, each day more and more.
Peace and Love.