What happened to Turn U On?

tryptych

waiting for a time
Re-reading the Hyperdub piece on Turn U On, the 2 step imprint from No U Turn. What happened to them? Did they only release those first two Horsepower 12"s?

Woebot

spackb0y said:
Re-reading the Hyperdub piece on Turn U On, the 2 step imprint from No U Turn. What happened to them? Did they only release those first two Horsepower 12"s?

saw a poster for DJ Zinc too the other day (Garage crossover with 138 Trek) and it looked like he was strictly jungle nowadays.

i guess they suddenly realised that they werent all going to have to crossover. that jungle was to be a viable cottage industry!

Pearsall

Prodigal Son
WOEBOT said:
saw a poster for DJ Zinc too the other day (Garage crossover with 138 Trek) and it looked like he was strictly jungle nowadays.

i guess they suddenly realised that they werent all going to have to crossover. that jungle was to be a viable cottage industry!

well, Zinc put out a lot of garagey breaks for a while on Bingo Beats under his Jammin alias, although I dunno how much he's done recently (he was still churning that sort of stuff out at least a year ago, so who knows?)

Blackdown

nexKeysound
despite the jungle connection, Turn U On and Bingo are different because the breakbeat garage stuff sold really well (for garage) whereas the Horsepower stuff was very underground at that time.