Jackson's Remixes

Woebot

Does anyone have any info on Jackson's Remixes?

Just picked up the Panash (with pepe Braddock) record which is sublime.

Air, Dead Combo, Vanessa Paradis, Freeform 5.

Better still could anyone sort me out with these?

blunt

shot by both sides
WOEBOT said:
Better still could anyone sort me out with these?

Ditto :)

Can't get enough of his album at the mo - "Radio Caca" in particular. And the beast needs feeding!

treblekicker

True Faith
Don't know any of them actually. The one that was head wreckingly brilliant for me was the M83 Run Into Flowers remix. The album is pretty cool too. Sounds like it took a long time with the hyperactive editing. Reminds me a bit of Jason Forrest (who is ace too).

Tim F

The remix of Freeform Five's "Break Me" is on their Misch Masch mix (which is awesome). It's quite straightforward electro-house, sorta Einmusik-ish. It's good, but beaten by Richard X on the Mishc Masch mix, who turns in an unbelievable version of FF's "No More Conversations".

SMASH remixed

The first 500 folk to order "SMASH" from Warpmart got a special Jackson remix CD of the album, where he's basically mashed up his own album (28 mins). Luckily, I got one! -- :)

Would love to hear MP3s of these old remixes that Matt aludes to at the start of this thread.

owen

treblekicker said:
Don't know any of them actually. The one that was head wreckingly brilliant for me was the M83 Run Into Flowers remix. (who is ace too).

this is still the only thing i've heard of his, but god it is sublime, one of the most astonishing shit into gold remixes ever...should have started its own microgenre of stuttering luminescent shoegaze techno...so what other stuff is there? (gets out notebook)

Tim F

If you like the "Run Into Flowers" remix specifically then I'd recommend checking out James Holden more than other Jackson - see esp. Holden & Thompson's "Come To Me".

michael

Bring out the vacuum
Yeah, I've heard 'Smash' now and it reminds me more of the first Soft Pink Truth album or something than his own mix of 'Run Into Flowers'. I like it, but it's quite different. Quite bloody difficult listening, some of it. :|

Woebot

Tim F said:
The remix of Freeform Five's "Break Me" is on their Misch Masch mix (which is awesome). It's quite straightforward electro-house, sorta Einmusik-ish. It's good, but beaten by Richard X on the Mishc Masch mix, who turns in an unbelievable version of FF's "No More Conversations".

Just been bounced this by man like Angus McDonald. Baaad stuff.