Pepe Braddock

Woebot

Twin thread to the Jackson one.

I have his mix on "Angola" which is near perfect.

What else is great by this guy?

These two producers (and Isolee) must be the most interesting working in dance music.

stelfox

Beast of Burden
his remix of mouth by iz and diz on classic records is... um... classic. it's all shuffly and spindly, with a cheeky skippiness to it that out-herberts herbert.

hint

party record with a siren
Iz and Diz - Mouth (Brad Peeps rmx)

Deep Burnt

I second both of those suggestions. Both great records.

Oh, and... you know that they've (Bradock and Jackson) done a 10" together, right? As Panash. Proper hatstand.

Last edited:

stelfox

Beast of Burden
that panash record is fucking bonkers... it's really good fun and goes in all sorts of directions you don't expect it to... and it's a 10", which makes me like it all the more

bassnation

the abyss
toasted said:
deep burnt - one of me all time faves

yeah, totally - lush grooves, never fails to make me feel happy.

also got the iz and diz - his mix is by far the best one from that ep. although he does glitchy stuff its still warm and not overly clever clever - unlike herbert.

Woebot

stelfox said:
that panash record is fucking bonkers... it's really good fun and goes in all sorts of directions you don't expect it to... and it's a 10", which makes me like it all the more

10"s forever..............................................................................................................

mr tom

dressed to ill
WOEBOT said:
What else is great by this guy?

Pretty much everything on his own Atavisme label is stunning. The Panash 10" (with Jackson) is ace, but the other three 12"s are even better. You can get them all on Juno http://www.juno.co.uk/labels/Atavisme+France/ (and it's Bradock, with one 'd', if you're searching elsewhere)

Deep Burnt (on Kif SM) is a stone-cold house classic - great sample of Freddie Hubbard's 'Little Sunflower' strings - you must know this tune.

His remix of Candi Staton's 'Do Your Duty' on Honest Jons is genius too.

WOEBOT said:
These two producers (and Isolee) must be the most interesting working in dance music.

I agree.

mms

sometimes
yes

him and jackson are super good they used to shre a studio u no
panash is the one for me

deep burnt is the classic sound

Last edited:

adverb

WOEBOT said:
Twin thread to the Jackson one.

I have his mix on "Angola" which is near perfect.

the carl craig mix of that is the one for me. very slow and percussive with trademark mental arpeggios appearing haflway in. awesome.

but yeah, braddock is the man. deep burnt is just beautiful.

jed_

yeah that carl craig mix blows the braddock away. one of the best things CC has put his name to.

jahquarius

ByTown's Finest
adverb said:
but yeah, braddock is the man. deep burnt is just beautiful.

not after you hear theo parrish's take on the same sample in his "motor city" edit. so lovely that i feel sad for monsieur pepe everytime i play it.

mms

sometimes
jed_ said:
yeah that carl craig mix blows the braddock away. one of the best things CC has put his name to.

i dunno those precussive builders are a trademark now, i find em pretty dull nowdays compared to what he's capable of, it's just a template he builds on tasty source material. he's capable of so much more mindblowing stuff like his early stuff on retroactive.

i liked the braddock mix more to be honest.

mms

sometimes
WOEBOT said:

right now out of the euros i think it's

these two and isolee
plus ark and dj kose, ark has been overlooked but his lp is great .
i also really like music cargo's stuff and dexter is always good - quite retro but really ace.
oh yeah matt
did you hear that reworking of kiss me again by dinosaur out and about recently
some dude called polmo povo , he's rerecorded all the parts from kiss me again and reworked and edited them into a really long track - it sounds horrible but it works really well.

adverb

mms said:
plus ark and dj kose, ark has been overlooked but his lp is great .

ark is fantastic! i thought his lp on perlon was okay but apart from a few tracks was not really up to the standard of the alleluyark stuff on circus company (top label!).

as for angola, i haven't listened to the pepe braddock mix in ages - i just always stick on the cc mix. so i'll go check it out.

also gotta look for that theo record.

Woebot

mr tom said:
Pretty much everything on his own Atavisme label is stunning. The Panash 10" (with Jackson) is ace, but the other three 12"s are even better. You can get them all on Juno http://www.juno.co.uk/labels/Atavisme+France/ (and it's Bradock, with one 'd', if you're searching elsewhere)

Deep Burnt (on Kif SM) is a stone-cold house classic - great sample of Freddie Hubbard's 'Little Sunflower' strings - you must know this tune.

His remix of Candi Staton's 'Do Your Duty' on Honest Jons is genius too.

I agree.

thanks mr tom

Woebot

mms said:
oh yeah matt
did you hear that reworking of kiss me again by dinosaur out and about recently
some dude called polmo povo , he's rerecorded all the parts from kiss me again and reworked and edited them into a really long track - it sounds horrible but it works really well.

no i ought to check that out.