Strafe Fur Rebellion

blissblogger

i did an interview with them in 1989, very interesting bunch, but can't remember if i heard any of their subsequent records or indeed what the name of the one i liked was

tangentially connected, did you see that interview in the Wire with that guy who was in a german industrial/abstract-sound band -- P134D or something like that -- achim szesphanchi of mille plateaux was briefly a member -- anyways, the main guy, he came across as the most insufferable snob -- if it wasn't absolutely amorphous and abstract, it was 'pop' and therefore trash

blissblogger

i did an interview with them in 1989, very interesting bunch, but can't remember if i heard any of their subsequent records or indeed what the name of the one i liked was

tangentially connected, did you see that interview in the Wire with that guy who was in a german industrial/abstract-sound band -- P134D or something like that -- achim szesphanchi of mille plateaux was briefly a member -- anyways, the main guy, he came across as the most insufferable snob -- if it wasn't absolutely amorphous and abstract, it was 'pop' and therefore trash

owen

blissblogger said:

yeah that was really annoying- 'electro pop' and 'constructivist sleeves' mentioned as if they were somehow a bad thing

(on which note, isn't this gorgeous?)

viewimages

Woebot

blissblogger said:

hmmm. i've put one early track on the comp i sent you. they are curious because they dont sound at all "germanic".