more trouble at forward

mms

sometimes
Last night an anonymous dubstep producer - lets call him code 6 for these purposes, called me a wasteman after i told him i had ham mushroom and pineapple pizza for dinner.
I think it was the pineapple that really caused offense but still it only takes one of these types to ruin a night. ;)

anyway hatcha played a vip mix of late night request line - now imagine that giant pink squid model has been turned into a fairground ride, well this is the music they'd play on it - absolutley amazing.

Last edited:

Blackdown

nexKeysound
you posting drunk again marcus?

seriously though the amount of skream beats last night was a bit silly. about 80% of hatcha and skream's sets.

mpc

wasteman
i tried to speak to skepta and he gave me air pie.

also, jammer was asleep in the corner for the whole night until someone dropped 'welcome to jamrock' and he ran to the dancefloor.

mms

sometimes
Blackdown said:
you posting drunk again marcus?

seriously though the amount of skream beats last night was a bit silly. about 80% of hatcha and skream's sets.

no i'm not drunk.
yeah it was good - skepta was wicked over hatchas set - i wish he hadn't stopped. Even though he could do with some more bars

Blackdown

nexKeysound
i dunno. i thought skepta was jarring hatcha's flow. i love him as an mc but this time i was glad he gave up the mic to crazy. shame ears didnt get a bar or two.

mms

sometimes
Blackdown said:
i dunno. i thought skepta was jarring hatcha's flow.

that's sort of what i liked about it he changed hatchas energy up a bit it was interesting to watch and listen to .
i dunno about heartless i wasn't really feeling them but yeah it was well funny when jammer darted across the floor when welcome to jamrock came on

Blackdown

nexKeysound
JamRock and one of the Drop Leaf riddims were big. otherwise I wasn't feeling HLC. they call it FWD>> not BKWD>>.

mms

sometimes
Blackdown said:
JamRock and one of the Drop Leaf riddims were big. otherwise I wasn't feeling HLC. they call it FWD>> not BKWD>>.

yeah that drop leaf is lush - the one with turbulence on is my fave

Badmarsh

HLC started with some really interesting beats...first 3 or 4 tracks...then they totally misread the situation. an embarassing performance im sure on their part...

it would've have been insanely interesting if they'd stuck about and mc'd on hatch's set.

skream on fire...

Blackdown

nexKeysound
john eden said:
Sorry, are we talking about the JA versions of these or some kind of dubstep do-over?

HLC play all styles (except dubstep lol) so yeah they played the originals. there's Rossi B's wicked grime mix of Jamrock ft NASTY, but they didnt draw for it.

mpc

wasteman
i thought HLC were pretty good. it made a change from what you'd usually hear at fwd>>^>?>>^^>.

Last edited:

john eden

male pale and stale
Blackdown said:
HLC play all styles (except dubstep lol) so yeah they played the originals. there's Rossi B's wicked grime mix of Jamrock ft NASTY, but they didnt draw for it.

I'm all in favour of people playing the originals. :cool:

S

simon silverdollar

it wa my first fwd and i really enjoyed it. skepta was wicked.
god i was so drunk tho: today is a total write-off.

stelfox

Beast of Burden
anyone who puts pineapple on a pizza, especially one i'm going to have to be in the same room as, is asking for a shanking.
pizzas should be thin-crust, have tomato sauce, mozzarella and maybe, if you really want to push the boat out, a bit of fresh basil on them.
if you're american and feel you absolutely must, pepperoni is just about acceptable.
anything else is wrong.
< / culinary nazism >

Last edited:

stelfox

Beast of Burden
an hol' up.... they're playing bashment and one-drop shizz at fwd??? this is a very positive move. i may start going more often if this is the case.