Jump Up, Neurofunk, Techstep, Cashing in/out

Circus Lupus

Circus Of Wolves
So when do you all reckon I can cash out of my complete Metalheadz, Dope Dragon, Full Cycle, No-U-Turn, Reinforced, Renegade Hardware, Congo Natty, etc collection? I'm not going back to many of these for reference since they are 'mostly' the 90's equivalent of early hi-fi demo records; basically novelty sound effect productions. Are these ever gonna be as sought out as 80's Italo or embryonic 'ardcore plates or are they just audio detritus and ephemera like the vast majority of post Front 242 e.b.m. ? (IE: sonic capitalist chart attack artifacts borne of a synth technology version of the cold war.)

owen

I got a Tek 9 dbl CD for a quid the other day...the second (91-5) cd is fucking awesome, 'london somethin' just absolutely mental clatter and noize..

old jungle cds are wierdly cheap when you can find them- vinyl almost definitely not

bassnation

the abyss
Circus Lupus said:
So when do you all reckon I can cash out of my complete Metalheadz, Dope Dragon, Full Cycle, No-U-Turn, Reinforced, Renegade Hardware, Congo Natty, etc collection? I'm not going back to many of these for reference since they are 'mostly' the 90's equivalent of early hi-fi demo records; basically novelty sound effect productions. Are these ever gonna be as sought out as 80's Italo or embryonic 'ardcore plates or are they just audio detritus and ephemera like the vast majority of post Front 242 e.b.m. ? (IE: sonic capitalist chart attack artifacts borne of a synth technology version of the cold war.)

you might be thinking that now, as you've obviously got bored of them. but don't sell them - if you loved them once, the chances are you will do again and you'll regret it.

on the other hand, if you are truly sure and you honestly own the entire reinforced back cat, drop me a pm and i'll take them off your hands ;)

Melchior

Taking History Too Far
I did a couple of quick eBay searches and it didn't look like the prices were anything spectacular.

Circus Lupus

Circus Of Wolves
bassnation said:
you might be thinking that now, as you've obviously got bored of them. but don't sell them - if you loved them once, the chances are you will do again and you'll regret it.

Good advice bassnation. I was going through the crates to take some pics for auctions when the reality of selling off my enforcers picture discs hit home. Having second thoughts. If I do liquidate I will give Dissensus crew first pick at the gems before going to evil bay.

P.S. Do all you D&B collector headz have a big stack of white labels in your crates that you can no longer identify? I got almost a hundred I was too stoned or lazy to label back in the day.

ThinKing

Mate, unless you have a really good reason, don't sell your records. I say this even though I'd prob be interested in a lot of what you've got.

I sold off a fair view vintage DnB records in the last few years, for space and also for money when I was in a tight spot. I regret selling any of them.

They're never gonna be as sought after as a lot of stuff, although some of the Rivet and Hardware stuff might be. You certainly won't make an awful lot of cash. Frankly, if I was you I wouldn't sell 'em unless I really needed the space/money, or I was genuinely never going to touch them again.

On the flipside, if you take the plunge I'd be very interested in getting a look at your list.

BTW if you want to ID any random whites, check the etching against the catalogue numbers on www.rolldabeats.com - it's the discogs.com of DnB and very very accurate.