Rebel MC, Top Cat in Sheffield jungle session

Grievous Angel

Beast of Burden
I just remembered that tomorrow night (Thursday October 13th) Rebel MC is headlining at Freshen Up at Corporation in Sheffield.

Features KENNY KEN, TOP CAT, TENOR FLY, DADDY FREDDY, REBEL MC, DB.O GENERAL +more.

Obviously this sounds amazing and as a Congo Natty obsessive I hope to be there, baby-driven exhaustion permitting. Any other Dissensians going?

[b]racket

Id like to go....

They did a big Conga Natty Jungle All-Stars party in Brighton a few months back that i would have loved to have been at..The line up was sick.

jungle_all_stars.jpg

Grievous Angel

Beast of Burden
john eden said:
I'll give you twenty quid if you repeatedly shout "Street Tuff!" all night.
John, I don't need 20 quid, and you do, so lets just leave it there alright?

Anyway, I'm going to shout "Street Tuff!" all night anyway, cos that's what I do.

Every night.

john eden

male pale and stale
2stepfan said:
John, I don't need 20 quid, and you do, so lets just leave it there alright?

Nah mate, I've got ice down me chain since I've been flogging off old chaos magick zines on ebay for 17 quid a pop to de japanese dem.

Cash from chaos! :D

Grievous Angel

Beast of Burden
Fuck. King. Hell.

What a great night.

Raging ragga jungle and top notch MCing from the minute I went in the door.

Fantastic friendly mad-fer-it crowd. Not a moment's bad vibes at any point. Really full (but not unpleasantly so), good gender balance, black faces (not all teenagers either Mal!). Big fat clear systems in every room.

Reggae and jungle in the main room, hip hop and breaks upstairs, jungle, live hip hop, live grime (!) in the back room.

All the local DJs were great. Kenny Ken was a legend, great selection of mid-tempo ragga jungle rollers, but his mixing was iffy. Top Cat and Tenor Fly were great (though TC appeared to mime most of Champion DJ). Daddy Freddy had huge authority.

I missed Rebel MC cos I was knackered by 1.30 and had to get up, but I don't care.

Wild party. Tempted to say it was just like way back when...

Grievous Angel

Beast of Burden
Thing was, it was the local crews who really made the event swing... fabulous night...

(Would have loved to have heard some dubstep though...)