Indian House Music

Woebot

Did you know that House Music is massive in Bombay?!?

Also tearing up Bollywood apparently. All the big soundtrack guys are ditching the orchestras and opting for club beats.

Its true!

Check these latest hot Bollywood releases:

especially

Zeher:
http://www.musicindiaonline.com/l/17/s/movie_name.7767/
(check the Remix of Lamhe which is apparently MASSIVE- you'll need RealPlayer)

and

Dus:
http://www.indiaglitz.com/channels/hindi/trailer/7213.html

The style is apparently quite hard and trancey with little flourishes of local colour.

mms

sometimes
WOEBOT said:
Did you know that House Music is massive in Bombay?!?

Also tearing up Bollywood apparently. All the big soundtrack guys are ditching the orchestras and opting for club beats.

Its true!

Check these latest hot Bollywood releases:

especially

Zeher:
http://www.musicindiaonline.com/l/17/s/movie_name.7767/
(check the Remix of Lamhe which is apparently MASSIVE- you'll need RealPlayer)

and

Dus:
http://www.indiaglitz.com/channels/hindi/trailer/7213.html

The style is apparently quite hard and trancey with little flourishes of local colour.

on a tangent have you ever heard that kevin saunderson version of an indian pop track from ages ago ?
i always thought that indian strings and deep dubby house would make an excellent combination in the right hands, there are a few tracks out there over house's history but not many.
i'm not talking about trance stuff either .

Badmarsh

Indian's have unfortunately been subjected to trance all their lives that its become gospel.

haven't heard much straight up indian house.

there's a whole bunch of indian producers - some of whom are making some really interesting stuff - and im not talkin members of the diaspora who have grown up in dance music cultures..

mms

sometimes
Badmarsh said:
Indian's have unfortunately been subjected to trance all their lives that its become gospel.

haven't heard much straight up indian house.

there's a whole bunch of indian producers - some of whom are making some really interesting stuff - and im not talkin members of the diaspora who have grown up in dance music cultures..

ohh tell us about them?
where do you get this stuff is it widley avaliable in the uk?

indias economy is developing at a terrific rate, esp in the areas of computing and medicines and places like bombay have a developing middle class now - it's all looking good.

i have alot of optimisim for next year and all the interesting musical developments and possibilities

Badmarsh

midival pundits - wicked bunch of people from New Delhi - i think they may have a website.

economically speaking india is on point - which means alot of for entertainment clearly - ive done alot of research on india, esp from a biz point of view (music) and i think as a place it will be ripe in around 4 or 5 years...

coffee table style compilations - with names like goa chill and manali-get-stoned-on-charas -- with obscure israeli trance producers do well...

indian fusion for some reason hasn't kicked off as it has done abroad...a cool bar in one of the metropolisis playin wicked fusion stuff, wouldn't do well? god knows why they haven't done it yet...unfortunately as will be the nemesis of the country...bureaucracy and un necessary governance spoils the party

top40 stuff and bollywood remixes is what the newly formed middle classes are into unfortunately and that music requires alot of alcohol and some exceedingly pretty indian girls to get you grooving!

so much music in that country....

Woebot

mms said:
on a tangent have you ever heard that kevin saunderson version of an indian pop track from ages ago ?
i always thought that indian strings and deep dubby house would make an excellent combination in the right hands, there are a few tracks out there over house's history but not many.
i'm not talking about trance stuff either .

yeah i got that in manchester ages ago. ks remixing bhangra. and its ACE.

i'll see if i can dig it out and upload it here.