wippit- what's the catch?

S

simon silverdollar

ok, so the wippit.com website says they'll sell me 60,000 [SIXTY FUCKING THOUSAND!] MP3 tracks for only £50.
even when i stop 'subscribing' (i.e. i don't pay £50) next year, i'll still have these 60,000 tracks.

but there must be a catch, right? it must be too good to be true, surely?

but what's the catch? :confused:

Ness Rowlah

Norwegian Wood
No choosing those 60K songs - it's there in the FAQ:

Tell me about Wippit Subscription and Unlimited Downloads? What have you got?
Wippit has a constantly changing selection of 60,000 songs inclusive to subscribers for £4.99 a month or £50 a year. ...

I’m a subscriber, but some things I want to download are not available to me for free.
Not every song on Wippit is available at no extra cost to subscribers, but that doesn’t mean they won’t be during the course of your subscription. There are always 60,000 songs to choose from though and it’s most likely that the songs that are not inclusive are cheaper on Wippit than anywhere else.

So there's the catch, an ever changing selection to get for those 50 quid and then 29p for the rest?

Might be worth to do a dummy account to test it - there's some decent music for free by just registering with a dummy email etc.
What you want is - "show me this months 60 000 tracks, mark them and lemme have em". Bet it's not like that though - probably more like having to check each individual album/track to see if they are free or not?
Anyone with real experience?