what time are we meeting tonight

stelfox

Beast of Burden
how do you get there, who's coming, what are you all going to be wearing? obviously no one wants to be underdressed or witness a repeat of the incident where my self and k-punk turned up in identical do rags, caps and fubu suits. i know this should prob go on another section of the forum, but it's easier here for the time being as people will actually read it!

Last edited:

martin

----
Hang on, is this the Palm Tree that's near enough opposite Globe Town - just past the barriers off Roman Road and thru the park along a dirt track? Where the old jazz band play til late?

mein gott! what did you do? (actually don't answer that)...that is demented. Of all the pubs in London indeed (or maybe there are more...?!)

I used to wonder what it took to get barred from pubs, but it's just boring stuff like being rude to barstaff isn't it? (not that I ever have been, hastens to add).

stelfox

Beast of Burden
i've been barred from 2. one in liverpool for skinning up, about 8 years ago (weird - it was compulsory elsewhere in the city and i was outside), another in norwich many moons ago. a braying young farmer type dude pushed into me really hard and didn't apologise, then got all lippy when i said it was a a bit bad mannered. the bar had these antique soda syphons on it, so i picked one up and sprayed him so it looked like he'd pissed himself. then all hell broke loose!

Last edited:
the soda siphon one is good - a real spit n sawdust western feel to it. and In Norwich too....

Before I very quickly gave up, I once crashed a car into a pub wall, which was a bit embarrassing, especially as I'd also just uprooted a 30-ft high lampost just outisde as well. But they didn't bar me!

petergunn

plywood violin
infinite thought said:
I used to wonder what it took to get barred from pubs, but it's just boring stuff like being rude to barstaff isn't it? (not that I ever have been, hastens to add).

hmmmmmmm... i've never been banned from any bars, but i've been kicked out of a few, and woulddn't go back if i knew the same people were working, as they probably wouldn't serve me... the only good story is i once got kicked out of a bar for talking to a girl the bartender had a crush on. he actually took back the pint he had just poured for me and dumped it down the drain!

i have a friend who gets banned for like two weeks at a time from all his locals... the last time it was for hanging out with someone who was smoking angel dust in the bathroom...

michael

Bring out the vacuum
This thread was so lacking in context that when I saw the opening post I thought it was just a weird hypothetical way of asking about people's habits for going out. Heh.

mms

sometimes
yeah sorry i didn't come down as i'vegot alot to say but i'm just getting over the flu and it woulda fucked me up .

C

captain easychord

Pearsall said:
A great pleasure to meet all of you Dissensians last night.

when was this adverteised? i missed out.

pearsall are you in london now? i just moved here last week.

stelfox

Beast of Burden
i offered. there were no takers, apart from nina - i turned her down coz she scares me a bit.

Last edited:

owen

hmm- lots of 'people not quite looking like their online personas' shockers. everyone seemed lovely tho...