PDA

View Full Version : what time are we meeting tonight

stelfox
19-10-2005, 09:43 AM
how do you get there, who's coming, what are you all going to be wearing? obviously no one wants to be underdressed or witness a repeat of the incident where my self and k-punk turned up in identical do rags, caps and fubu suits. i know this should prob go on another section of the forum, but it's easier here for the time being as people will actually read it!

martin
19-10-2005, 03:52 PM
Hang on, is this the Palm Tree that's near enough opposite Globe Town - just past the barriers off Roman Road and thru the park along a dirt track? Where the old jazz band play til late?

3underscore
19-10-2005, 03:55 PM
Noone told me we're meeting. :(

martin
19-10-2005, 04:03 PM
Er..soz, no goes for me, ha ha. Of all the pubs in London.....

Pearsall
19-10-2005, 04:04 PM
8 o' clock, no?

infinite thought
19-10-2005, 04:04 PM
eh? what martin, yr barred or summat..?

martin
19-10-2005, 04:10 PM
Fraid so, from when I was living in the Gathorne St pad just before summer. Ah well...have fun folks.

infinite thought
19-10-2005, 04:44 PM
mein gott! what did you do? (actually don't answer that)...that is demented. Of all the pubs in London indeed (or maybe there are more...?!)

I used to wonder what it took to get barred from pubs, but it's just boring stuff like being rude to barstaff isn't it? (not that I ever have been, hastens to add).

stelfox
19-10-2005, 04:53 PM
i've been barred from 2. one in liverpool for skinning up, about 8 years ago (weird - it was compulsory elsewhere in the city and i was outside), another in norwich many moons ago. a braying young farmer type dude pushed into me really hard and didn't apologise, then got all lippy when i said it was a a bit bad mannered. the bar had these antique soda syphons on it, so i picked one up and sprayed him so it looked like he'd pissed himself. then all hell broke loose!

infinite thought
19-10-2005, 05:08 PM
the soda siphon one is good - a real spit n sawdust western feel to it. and In Norwich too....

Before I very quickly gave up, I once crashed a car into a pub wall, which was a bit embarrassing, especially as I'd also just uprooted a 30-ft high lampost just outisde as well. But they didn't bar me!

petergunn
19-10-2005, 09:02 PM
I used to wonder what it took to get barred from pubs, but it's just boring stuff like being rude to barstaff isn't it? (not that I ever have been, hastens to add).

hmmmmmmm... i've never been banned from any bars, but i've been kicked out of a few, and woulddn't go back if i knew the same people were working, as they probably wouldn't serve me... the only good story is i once got kicked out of a bar for talking to a girl the bartender had a crush on. he actually took back the pint he had just poured for me and dumped it down the drain!

i have a friend who gets banned for like two weeks at a time from all his locals... the last time it was for hanging out with someone who was smoking angel dust in the bathroom...

michael
20-10-2005, 12:57 AM
This thread was so lacking in context that when I saw the opening post I thought it was just a weird hypothetical way of asking about people's habits for going out. Heh.

Pearsall
20-10-2005, 07:19 AM
A great pleasure to meet all of you Dissensians last night.

mms
20-10-2005, 07:56 AM
yeah sorry i didn't come down as i'vegot alot to say but i'm just getting over the flu and it woulda fucked me up .

captain easychord
20-10-2005, 11:14 AM
A great pleasure to meet all of you Dissensians last night.

when was this adverteised? i missed out.

pearsall are you in london now? i just moved here last week.

Grievous Angel
20-10-2005, 11:39 AM
I missed this too... might've made the effort to come down... who went, what happened, were there any fights?

john eden
20-10-2005, 11:42 AM
were there any fights?

:(

infinite thought
20-10-2005, 11:49 AM
um...noo ooo....[whistles nervously]

stelfox
20-10-2005, 12:04 PM
i offered. there were no takers, apart from nina - i turned her down coz she scares me a bit.

owen
20-10-2005, 01:09 PM
hmm- lots of 'people not quite looking like their online personas' shockers. everyone seemed lovely tho...

infinite thought
20-10-2005, 02:03 PM
they did, didn't they? I thought everyone was really amazingly lovely, especially luka and sufi.

not Martin tho, he's just a no-good hound who deserved the bus-beating he received.

But don't be scared of me stelfox...I would have only tried to give you a chinese burn or summat...

k-punk
20-10-2005, 06:14 PM
I didn't get home till half past flaming two... over an hour waiting for a 171 at Holborn...

But great to meet those I hadn't met before, and always good to meet those I already know...

Woebot
27-10-2005, 11:45 PM
sorry to captain easychord and 3underscore.

this wasnt so much a "meet" as me hijacking one of luke's soirees. hence the sparcity of invitations.

we'll have to do something proper sooner or later.

was lots of fun though :)

sufi
01-11-2005, 06:51 PM
what did you reckon to the snaps bot?
some quite klassic characters there
anyone wants to see em lemme know!

soofka :cool:
xxx

dexorcist
03-11-2005, 12:23 PM
Hang on, is this the Palm Tree that's near enough opposite Globe Town - just past the barriers off Roman Road and thru the park along a dirt track? Where the old jazz band play til late?

my favourite pub!

Woebot
04-11-2005, 08:38 AM
what did you reckon to the snaps bot?
some quite klassic characters there
anyone wants to see em lemme know!

soofka :cool:
xxx

just been too mentally busy to tackle them sufi.

also i 'm sure the people there would rather actually see their faces.

maybe its one for behind the scenes email appreciation though.

nothing quite as awful as seeing this kind of stuff online! (not that they arent cool photos sufu)