Uncle Luka extends the olive branch.

so, luka, are you gonna talk to mark himself and not blame his friends for getting him to read badiou etc.? (it wasn't me anyway.... plus I think tough man mark is old and anti-man enough to take responsibility for his own reading choices). I don't want to make enemies with someone I've never even spoken to, luka, and I am not the enemy! I assure you, I couldn't convince anyone to do anything they didn't want to. Hope the not smoking thing is going ok, you can have some of my codeine if you like, is real good for taking your mind off pain, or indeed anything at all ;)

k-punk

Spectres of Mark
Luke, the whole point is that it was never personal --- not from 'my' side, or Infinite Thought's ----

That's the benefit of being a Cold Rationalist. You don't take things personally --- because you know that there are no persons. :)

luka

sigh...

i robot...

i don't know what you're talking about by the way nina.

theres three messages in marks inbox waiting to be read.

ok, luke, play dumb then. I won't tell anyone you sent me messages claiming that Mark was now 'under my spell' and that I should be 'flattered' cos he was writing about badiou and so on if you don't. You basically insinuated both that I was manipulative and that Mark was incapable of making his own decisions in the face of 'what women say'.

But I don't want to fight, am far too sick. Hope it all gets sorted out so we can talk about something else.

luka

i said i'm worried about mark a)going mad and b)falling for someone whos got a boyfriend, yeah, i didn't accuse you of anything, you might be a touch paranoid.

luka

i thought, mark is acting obnoxious, whats all that about?. the answer i come up with was hes gone into manic overdirve and his sexual frustration has been excaberbated by a unrequited love. sure, it was shot in the dark but its the theory im working on. i was asking you to reassure me as he isn't engaging with me.

Can we all agree that accusing people of burgeoning mental illness is not a particularly honorable tactic....

I'm not in the least bit paranoid, but not unreasonably, I'm not that keen on people I don't know sending me emails about my friendships with other people. I appreciate your concern for Mark, of course, but couldn't you have taken it up with him yourself? If this was impossible, why make up theories about him? You made me a kind of mediation for your quarrels, but not to worry. If a man is acting in an obnoxious way, there must be a woman behind it! And you did kinda blame me for mark reading badiou, but if you really think I misunderstood you there I'm not gonna go on about it.

mind_philip

saw the light
I'm far more worried that Mark persists in idolising that evil lizard from Girls Aloud... Honestly, cute Oirish accents aside, she spends most of the time looking like she's peering through the port-hole on a gas chamber door. She gives me the creeps.

Woebot

infinite thought said:
Can we all agree that accusing people of burgeoning mental illness is not a particularly honorable tactic....
yeah i think luke was genuinely concerned. people do feel this from time to time when they come in contact with with the evil genius that is k-punk online. then one meets him and one ends up feeling, well nutsier than he is. i think luka has been trying to iron the whole thing out in his inimitable fashion.

infinite thought said:
I appreciate your concern for Mark, of course, but couldn't you have taken it up with him yourself?
what a rational answer ;) !!! seriously you leave us men to figure to try and figure something out and what do we do but cock it all up. if the dope thing is causing futher confusion luke. see my flippant remarks here:

http://www.dissensus.com/showpost.php?p=3237&postcount=30

luka

he just said he doesn't take anything persoanlly so i'm trying my hardest to hurt his feelings, to prove that he has feelings.

i want to upset him. i want to make him cry.

Last edited:

luka

i'm certainly not blaming you for anything nina, nor was i asking you to act as a mediator. i wanted you to say, don't be silly luke, marks got a bee in his bonnet about something but he hasn't fallen for me and his head is in a good state right now.

i sent a email this morning to that effect, before you appeared here and made it all public.

luka

and if he doesn't want to acknowledge his own feelings he can at last start acknowledging the feelings of others. i've been horribly rude to and about mark which is terrible but i haven't been rude to every single person who takes issue with me, hes been really bad to lots of people.

actually you wondered whether I was going to 'bite your head off', but that's by the by. Wasn't gonna make anything public until you pretended you didn't know what I was referring to. And I DID tell you that there was no problem with Mark and that everything was ok - that was when you started going on about him being 'under my spell'. If you don't think your messages to me were out of order, that's fine, let's just drop it.

luka

someone being under your spell doesn't make you a witch. you were quite acid with your initial response, so i was a bit worried about getting my head bit off yeah.

so no, i don't think i was remotely out of order and i don't harbour any bad feelings towards you at all.

ban me from this forum please matt, i can't help myself, it's weird, i can't let it lie, hes really got under my skin.

Last edited:
My initial response was nice if you remember - I assured you I thought everything was ok, exactly what you wanted me to say, it was after that you got odd, but AAARRRRGH! Am sick of this, not gonna write anything else. Have nothing against you either Luke, would be happy if you and mark could sort out your differences....glad this thread has entertained everyone, has filled up some of my pain-filled day sitting at home doing nothing.