Prussian Blue: pro-White child folk singers

john eden

male pale and stale
They were featured on a Louis Theroux show a few years back. Be interesting to see if they are both still into all this when they reach their twenties.

zhao

there are no accidents
when they realise that the folk tradition is inextricably linked to gospel and blues.

Melchior

Taking History Too Far
There was something about it in Vice magazine as well. Poor kids for their parents to do this to them.

martin

----
It's an interesting trajectory, from punk to heavy metal to folk. Actually scratch that, it's not interesting at all. But I'd still go to one of their gigs.

domtyler

Teasmaid
http://prussianblue.net/lederhosenforgirls.jpg
This from the Prussian Blue fan site, in the fashion section.

I never realised that Gnomes were white supremacists!

lederhosenforgirls.jpg

stelfox

Beast of Burden
confucius said:
when they realise that the folk tradition is inextricably linked to gospel and blues.

how do you work that one out? gospel and blues are not "pure" musics - shit that sounds dodgy when we're talking about 12-year-old nazis, but i mean it in the sense of music stemming solely from one point of cultural origin, in this instance african.
they're actually a product of a sort of cultural integration and the creation of an african-american identity (american being the crucial modifier here). blues and gospel were one of the points of crossover bewteen the white folk tradition (which has never really been a hermetic, undiluted tradition because europe's old and people moved about a lot, taking their cultures with them wherever they go, leading to constant change and absorption of influences from all over and is too big to really talk about as one thing anyway) and what remnants of african music survived slavery.
you can definitely draw a line of all modern american music back to the country/blues meeting point, but i wouldn't say that it was possible to bear up the above statement in any credible way.

zhao

there are no accidents
stelfox said:
you can definitely draw a line of all modern american music back to the country/blues meeting point, but i wouldn't say that it was possible to bear up the above statement in any credible way.

wait, is it me or does the first part of this sentence contradict the second part? doesn't the "country/blues meeting point" make it possible to say what I said about folk being linked to blues?

in any case, I'm no musicologist, but it seems like guys like Woodie Guthrie had a lot of black friends back in the day that all played music together, when they was coming up with the roots of american music.

and it seems to me that later guys like John Fahey had a lot of black friends that all played music together... all influencing eachother. in fact I think they is old gospel songs and blues songs in his repertoire, or atleast borrowed guitar phrases.

the Mississippi Delta tradition of country/folk/blues/gospel, was very much integrated, stylistically and in terms of the racial identity of the practitioners.

I could be wrong... agian, no expert by any stretch on this, but country wouldn't be the same without guys like Charlie Patton, would it?
http://www.austinchronicle.com/issues/dispatch/2001-10-26/music_feature.html

stelfox

Beast of Burden
confucius said:
wait, is it me or does the first part of this sentence contradict the second part? doesn't the "country/blues meeting point" make it possible to say what I said about folk being linked to blues?

in any case, I'm no musicologist, but it seems like guys like Woodie Guthrie had a lot of black friends back in the day that all played music together, when they was coming up with the roots of american music.

and it seems to me that later guys like John Fahey had a lot of black friends that all played music together... all influencing eachother. in fact I think they is old gospel songs and blues songs in his repertoire, or atleast borrowed guitar phrases.

the Mississippi Delta tradition of country/folk/blues/gospel, was very much integrated, stylistically and in terms of the racial identity of the practitioners.

I could be wrong... agian, no expert by any stretch on this, but country wouldn't be the same without guys like Charlie Patton, would it?
http://www.austinchronicle.com/issues/dispatch/2001-10-26/music_feature.html

woody guthrie is way late on in the folk continuum. their view (or more likely their reprehensible excuses for parents' view) of folk (and of right-wing folk enthusiasts in general, for they are many) is more as a "pure" (that's part of why i used the word, not coz i like it) volksmusik, going way back before then. i don't think they're at all looking at folk as american music, more as an expression of undiluted white culture (which, of course has NEVER existed and is pretty well insane to conceive for the reasons stated above - europe being joined to asia etc). the point which they want to jump off from will not have any crossover with *black american* music. besides, apart from those third positionist nutbags, i'm sure most extreme right-wingers aren't especially keen on guthrie.

Last edited:

owen

this really is spectacularly odd and disturbing....are people sure this isn't a hoax...?

Moodles

I don't feel sorry for these kids, nor do I expect them to get wise and grow out of this. The children, the parents and the whole extended white supremacist group are a bunch of idiots and they should be given as little attention as possible.

zhao

there are no accidents
stelfox said:
woody guthrie is way late on in the folk continuum. their view (or more likely their reprehensible excuses for parents' view) of folk (and of right-wing folk enthusiasts in general, for they are many) is more as a "pure" (that's part of why i used the word, not coz i like it) volksmusik, going way back before then. i don't think they're at all looking at folk as american music, more as an expression of undiluted white culture (which, of course has NEVER existed and is pretty well insane to conceive for the reasons stated above - europe being joined to asia etc). the point which they want to jump off from will not have any crossover with *black american* music. besides, apart from those third positionist nutbags, i'm sure most extreme right-wingers aren't especially keen on guthrie.

ok, this makes sense. (I mean your explanation, not their screwy view of music and history)

Melchior

Taking History Too Far
stelfox said:
i'm sure most extreme right-wingers aren't especially keen on guthrie.

Especially with that whole "this machine kills fascists thing...

owen said:
this really is spectacularly odd and disturbing....are people sure this isn't a hoax...?

Almost positive. Unless someone has hoaxed the National Vanguard as well, which I suspect would be a bit of a silly thing to do.

Anyway, Michael, what's with the whole "pro-White" label in the subject header? I've never known you to be an appologist for neo-nazis? Call em what they are: NAZI SCUM!!!

Last edited:

michael

Bring out the vacuum
Melchior said:
Anyway, Michael, what's with the whole "pro-White" label in the subject header? I've never known you to be an appologist for neo-nazis? Call em what they are: NAZI SCUM!!!
Heh, fair call. I was using their descriptions... There's actually a link to the full Vice article on the page I posted... the comments area makes me want to chuck. NAZI KIDS FUCK OFF!

SIZZLE

gasoline for haters
Man that is some dark shit. I can't believe these people would push their children into the middle of this, regardless of what their politics are. Shameless.

DJ Lioness

Contraversial music in the states isn't new, i'm sure we're yet to see a few more poor mans versions of the Olsen Twins coming through on the music front. I just wonder if a record made by one of Osama's hench men full his propaganda would get this much airplay & publicity.

What language do they sing in? Any links??

stelfox

Beast of Burden
they sing in English and german.

re controversial music of a middle eastern persuasion, this story made me laugh a lot when i was in houston. the dude's not a good rapper, really, and talk about the worst job ever for a man with hip-hop alias like that!

if the video footage of the tucker carlson interview is still up, it's worth watching. tucker carlson is absolutely the most odious man in broadcasting anywhere in the world, i think.

ARABIC ASSASSIN!