Chapman Brothers at White Cube

martin

----
Excellent show on at moment, well worth checking out if yr in London, includes the Goya prints they defaced plus loads more psychotic child paintings.

labrat

hot on the heels of love
dunno what I think of 'em (changable reactions depending on the weather)
but
I've often wondered what the CCRU connection is?
I have an early catalogue of theirs with an unreadable essay by Nick Land in it.
I read a little of Jake Chapman's Meataphysics and stlyisticly it owes A LOT to the CCRU writing as exemplified by the Abstract Culture pamphlets.
Perhaps they are fans?

as ex-warwick person, tho not CCRU (ask k-punk 'bout that), know at least that chapmans are mates of Keith Ansell-Pearson (interests - Nietzsche, Bergson, biology, Bowie) - and thought that Meatphysics from the glance of it was a cut-up version of some of his stuff, tho perhaps not exclusively. Keith A-P has also appeared on Tv defending their work and the idea of artworks as 'viruses' as parasitic upon but infecting galleries. Or something.

saw them in the flesh-flesh at that Mark Stewart/Whitehouse gig a few months ago (along with Natalie Portman!)- one of them was wearing a Hawaiian shirt. Urm, that's it.

JimO'Brien

I know that Jake Chapman did a Philosophy Masters at Thames Polytech in the early 90's. The main tutor, Jim Urpeth, was a friend of Nick Land from when they were both students and introduced them (I think).