DJ Marlboro

atomly

atomiq one
He played here with Diplo on Friday and totally killed it. If he's in your hood, check it out for sure.

redcrescent

DJ Marlboro is ace and comes across as a super nice guy in interviews/Brazilian TV footage. Plays over a dozen shows a night on weekends, going from baile to baile, so I'd wager he definitely knows how to rock a party.
Long Dissensus thread on favela funk a good while back, I'll just reprise the link for the Hyperdub interview with DJ Marlboro. Some older funk mp3s here, tho' I don't know if the links are still active. Also, fellow Dissensian gejonte (you around?) got the goods fresh from Rio and put together CDRs that were the bomb.
Do Tetine still have that show on Resonance FM?
I don't want to start the MIA War part 3 but has anyone hear the DJ Marlboro mix of "Bucky Done Gun"? Alas, not even Marlboro can turn shit into gold.

Pearsall

Prodigal Son
redcrescent said:
I don't want to start the MIA War part 3 but has anyone hear the DJ Marlboro mix of "Bucky Done Gun"? Alas, not even Marlboro can turn shit into gold.

I quite liked that! Quality 80's feel to it.

redcrescent

Pearsall said:
I quite liked that! Quality 80's feel to it.
Oh yeah, the instrumental is top class! ;)
Generally I think anybody playing a set of electro or Bass tracks would be mad not to drop funk carioca tunes.
Works best with an adventurous and/or drunk audience.

@ atomly
Thanks, I hadn't seen that.

mms

sometimes
redcrescent said:
Oh yeah, the instrumental is top class! ;)
Generally I think anybody playing a set of electro or Bass tracks would be mad not to drop funk carioca tunes.
Works best with an adventurous and/or drunk audience.

@ atomly
Thanks, I hadn't seen that.

disco d the big booty guy from detroit is playing it on his latest mix mixing it up with lots of booty, miami and ghetto bass as well as tracks that seem to be well popular in that scene like green velvets perculato,but well fast.

redcrescent

mms said:
disco d the big booty guy from detroit is playing it on his latest mix mixing it up with lots of booty, miami and ghetto bass as well as tracks that seem to be well popular in that scene like green velvets perculato,but well fast.
I'd love to hear that. Some of those booty/ghetto tech boys have serious turntable skills, I'm thinking of DJ Godfather in particular, that mix Bassnation put up a while back (thanks again!) was tremendous.