50cent - Official Lapdog of the Right

zhao

there are no accidents
in a sickening bit of news, which validates K-punk's stance against hiphop, 50 has publicly disclaimed Kanye's criticism of the Bush admin in the wake of Hurricane Katrina.

He said, "The New Orleans disaster was meant to happen. It was an act of God.

"I think people responded to it the best way they can.

"What KANYE WEST was saying, I don't know where that came from."

I can no longer have anything even close to respect for this piece of shit as a man or artist.

reminds me of the Source Hummer driving around the country spreading the Republican gospel before the last election...

Logan Sama

BestThereIsAtWhatIDo
So you extrapolated "I think everyone did the best they could" into a show of support for the right wing?

Why is it that the predominance of liberalists whether it be in the US or UK are capable of making such ludicrous sweeping statements with no factual back up. It baffles me.

Diggedy Derek

Stray Dog
Jesus, what a wanker. There hasn't been any official investigation, but that Dispatches program on Channel 4 suggests that people in FEMA definitely did not do everything possible to help the situation. Accounts abound of supply tracks not being moved for fear of being attacked by blacks etc.

That's not even to go into the whole "it was an act of God" thing. I don't know if I can really respect someone who ascribes so much of how the world works to an unseen theological string-puller.

Mind you, tha George Bush Don't Like Black People track on Kanye's Goldigga is absolutely brilliant, though, innit.

Whoa-B

Brüt Force Family
http://www.contactmusic.com/new/xmlfeed.nsf/mndwebpages/50 cent slams kanyes bush is racist comment

50 CENT SLAMS KANYE'S 'BUSH IS RACIST' COMMENT

Rapper 50 CENT has lashed out at fellow hip-hop star KANYE WEST for accusing US President GEORGE W BUSH of racism in the wake of Hurricane Katrina.

The IN DA CLUB star believes human intervention could not have prevented the effects of the hurricane, which killed over a thousand people in the US gulf states in August (05), and sees no point in reprimanding the President for something which was beyond his control.

He says, "The New Orleans disaster was meant to happen. It was an act of God.

"I think people responded to it the best way they can.

"What KANYE WEST was saying, I don't know where that came from."

01/11/2005 21:24

zhao

there are no accidents
Logan Sama said:
So you extrapolated "I think everyone did the best they could" into a show of support for the right wing?

in light of undisputable evidence to the contrary, yes I most definitely do interpret 50's statement as such.

this is exemplary of the worst type of neo-con attitudes in commercial hiphop. makes sense: minor thugs kissing up to the major thugs in the whitehouse.

Diggedy Derek

Stray Dog
Actually, I can see Logan's point- maybe 50 Cent doesn't give too hoots about the White House, maybe he just thinks the response to the disaster was sufficient and/or people are complaining too much about it. I think he's small 'c' conservative most likely.

However, I do think reading the New Orleans situation shows a large degree of apathy and stupidity.

sufi

lala
i turned down 50c

i got invited to 50's pre-gig bash 2 weekends back tha night before his wembley gig by me mate who was decorating the crib - a millionaire's gaff on park lane all lavishly blinged out apparently, coulda bin on the guestlist but i'm slightly ashamed to admit that i turned 50 down cos it was 3am when kiki called & by the time he reached there 50 had shot thru anyway.... :p

Melchior

Taking History Too Far
Diggedy Derek said:
Actually, I can see Logan's point- maybe 50 Cent doesn't give too hoots about the White House, maybe he just thinks the response to the disaster was sufficient and/or people are complaining too much about it. I think he's small 'c' conservative most likely.

Probably, but given that the White Houe was organising the relief effort (which was roundly criticised), saying that everyone did the best they could is, conciously or unonciouly, supporting the White House.

petergunn

plywood violin
the of course, there's Mobb Deep, official lap dogs of 50 cent... from Vibe magazine:

Your signing to G Unit seemed to catch everyone off guard. How did that happen?

Prodigy: 50 Cent heard that we were free agents. He called Hav like, "Yo, what's up? I'm fu*king with y'all. Let's do it."

After seven albums being self-contained, by joining G Unit are you admitting that maybe, your way wasn't working anymore?

Havoc: Nah, not at all. The way we were doing it always worked. It was just the record companies were fu*king up. Now we have a better platform.

50 recently said he's picking all the beats for your upcoming album. Is that true?

H: He sends beats to us. If we don't like it, we always got our opinions. But he's got such a good ear that every track he picks is right, so it's all good. I'm still producing somewhere close to half the album.

Did you sign an artist deal?

H: Nah, not like a regular deal. We got a lot of perks. We got more points than any artist ever got to this day, so it's a real good deal.

Perks? Give me a few examples of these perks.

P: We got Porsches.
H: Top of the line. I got a GT3 that's nonrecoupable.

So, I guess it didn't bother you that on "Piggy Bank" 50 said to Jadakiss, "I'll do your little ass like Jay did Mobb Deep?"

H: Nope
P: When he said that line, he was just talking about what really happenned. At Summer Jam, Jay-Z put up a picture of me when I was a little kid in my grandmother's dance school. We're all bigger than Jay now.

Similar to Ja Rule's R.U.L.E., Amerikaz Nightmare had it's fans, but it didn't achieve commercial success. Were you worried that your time might hav passed?

H: The difference with Ja Rule is people were tired of him. We came out with a good record, but the record wasn't getting it to the fans.

Speaking of Ja Rule, 50 is known for his beefs. Will it be a problem for you to work with people he's beefing with?

H: I'm a producer, bottom line. Nobody can tell me what I can and can't do as far as me being creative. And 50 is not even like that at all. But, I will say that I'm down for my team, and I ain't trying to start no friction.

Havoc produced "Don't Need Your Love" on The Documentary. And P, you did "Dead Bodies"on the Alchemist's album with Game. Will you continue to work with him in the future?

P: If Fif tells me, "Yo don't give that ***** no verses," them *****s ain't getting no verses, man. It's not gonna stop my money, 'cause I'll get money from somewhere else. I'll be like All right, cool. What verse can I do? That's where I'm gonna get money from, then.

It doesn't matter that someone has a say in your music relationships?

P: Hell no. He made me rich.

How does your G Unit affiliation affect your relationship with Nas?

P: Who that? You're talking about Milkshake? He's not in the picture no more. He left the radar.

Is Big Noyd going to be involved with your new album, Blood Money?

P: Once Mobb Deep gets an album out and goes on tour and our album is selling, then we'll start thinking about different artists. But right now, we're not really worried about nobody else but Mobb Deep.

There was a controversy earlier this year with your former manager Littles, saying you two were breaking up. What was that about?

P: Who that, son? I don't even know who that is.

With your recent appearance on the Anger Management 3 tour, you seem to have lost weight. Are you still struggling with sickle cell?

P: I'm in perfect health. I ain't been sick in a long time.
H: We slim dudes. But check this bank account. Tell me how I look now (laughs). My hips look kinda fat right? My pockets are bulging.

How do you feel about New York's rap chances right now?

H: I mean, everybody gets their time. It started in New York and it's gonna come back ultimately. People go, "What about the South?" That's a tool to pit everybody against one another. We're all making black music. Right now, our Down South brothers are winning cause they deserve it.

Who do you guys feel is really representing New York right now?

H: Mobb Deep.

Duly noted. Since signing to G Unit, what's been the biggest change in your lives?

P: We're megastars now.
H: I never thought it would be this way.
P: When we signed that contract, Fif gave us the keys to the planet. We can open up any door right now.

atomly

atomiq one
Jesus. What the fuck happened to Mobb Deep?

Too bad "Shook Ones, Pt. 2" is still the best hip hop song ever except maybe "NY State of Mind."

petergunn

plywood violin
atomly said:
Jesus. What the fuck happened to Mobb Deep?

Too bad "Shook Ones, Pt. 2" is still the best hip hop song ever except maybe "NY State of Mind."

like the part where they say 50 picks their beats for them? eek...

they ain't crooks son, they're just shook ones...

gumdrops

mobb deep are just happy someone like 50 gives a shit about them in 2005. they sound like yet another lot of complacent, bloated, integrity-less-and-proud hip-hop artists. i dont mind though, they might have shot their load but they did it brilliantly. the infamous, for my money, was even better than illmatic.

craner

Beast of Burden
Wait a second

I thought 50 Cent was a target of hate for the American Right??? An example of everything that's wrong about modern/"liberal" America?

As for Mobb Deep, allying themselves with that talentless sleeveball is a depressing but accurate mark of aesthetic decline.

The Infamous only being surpassed by Show & AG's Goodfellas in my opinion...

Last edited:

craner

Beast of Burden
I meant sleezeball but prefer sleeveball obviously

almost as good as when I misspelt The Simple Life: Interns as The Simple Life: Inferno

Believe it or not, in my crazy world, Dario Argento and Paris Hilton are on a par, and that's a high par...