King of Woolworths

labrat

hot on the heels of love
The name King of Woolworths is being bandied about as regards the Ghost Box releases; I can wholeheartedly recommend a single called "Stalker Song". However my recommendation is not based upon musical merit (fag end o' Big Beat), it's based on the sample used: it's a treated phonecall and is one of the most disquieting things you'll hear.......I'll not say too much and spoil the "fun" but the titles a bit of a giveaway as to content.

I've only got it on vinyl and cant upload it (sorry)

mms

sometimes
labrat said:
The name King of Woolworths is being bandied about as regards the Ghost Box releases; I can wholeheartedly recommend a single called "Stalker Song". However my recommendation is not based upon musical merit (fag end o' Big Beat), it's based on the sample used: it's a treated phonecall and is one of the most disquieting things you'll hear.......I'll not say too much and spoil the "fun" but the titles a bit of a giveaway as to content.

I've only got it on vinyl and cant upload it (sorry)

he did some work on the lo recordings label too, who have released strong music including those ace library music comps .

Leo

guess i'm a little slow here, just learned this is that same jon brooks of advisory circle/ghost box fame. i just picked up his "rediffusion" cd on lo recordings, and while not as hautology-ish as his later stuff, it's very good and recommended if that's your cup of tea.

carry on.

Leo

^^ wow, well what do you know? good find.

of the three KoW cds, "rediffussion" is definitely the best, the most ghost box-like. second one is only ok, don't care for the first one.