BabyShambles - Thoughts on new album

killuridols

Change the game
I've always had a soft spot for Pete Doherty. His lyrics seem so earnest and poetic. He puts his heart on public view through his music. Feedback on the new album hasn't been very good though. NME gave it a 7 and the tracks I heard were so - so. Has the crack head lived up to his scathing detractors negativity?
Any one heard the album, does any one even care anymore?

Last edited:

3underscore

Babyshambles are one of those bands that the NME will give a good review to without listening to it - they are one of very few bands that will shift copies of it.

I find Babyshambles are one of the bands that I just simply avoid. I don't want to hear anything by them - it is kind of an irrational hatred of them without hearing them. Mind, I feel I may have been driven to this by being forced to do a Libertines second album playback for the first hour of a backroom DJ set (the promoter had agreed). Nightmare, especially considering the first hour was normally a lot of NWW - Salt Marie Celeste.

gumdrops

the libertines' first album was really great. the second, apart from about three tracks, was generally a complete mess. heard one single from this new babyshambles album and it sounded like the pogues. not a bad thing. not sure why they went to mick jones to produce it - he's a virtual non-producer.

alo

not sure why they went to mick jones to produce it - he's a virtual non-producer.

What u mean?
Probably as in anyone could of produced it since the Libertines/Babyshambles sound so MOR its ridulous.

mms

sometimes
alo said:
Probably as in anyone could of produced it since the Libertines/Babyshambles sound so MOR its ridulous.

yeah but its all about how these people look - what hooks they have into things etc
it's all surface pretending to be great depth via mechanics .