Do any internationally known musicians come here?

Buick6

too punk to drunk
Since music is the main thrust of dissensus, I'm curious to know if any musicians come here. You don't have to name yrselfs, just the band or performing moniker will do.

and also what style of music do you make specifically?

Cheers

B6

S

simon silverdollar

plastic (not plastik) man comes on here sometimes i think. and dj/rupture too. and the shadetek guys.

S

simon silverdollar

oh and one of the people from black dog as well i think

polystyle

Well , not so famous but we are here .
Releases & rereleases
Rudements '77 . "30 Seconds Over DC" rerelease on Rollins and Mackaye's District Line
Ike Yard . CrepseculeEp '81 & Factory America '82
Dominatrix ."Sleeps Tonight" '84 sampled by Carl Cox (F.A.C.T.1) , J Cartier , Puff Daddy, Hell and who knows who else , TommyBoy Perfect Beats /Nine O'Clock Drop /new er 'electrodisco' Comp. on Koch.
Gigolo rerelease '03
Death Comet Crew aka DCC . Beggars Banquet '84 , "America" EpTroubleman '03, "This Is Riphop",'04
The Voodooists '89 -'92 . Warlock 12" '91 , Video Voudou LD Toshiba /EMI/Kodansha '92
black rain '89 -'99 . Fifth Column records '95,'96

Produced various: Colloquium 1 Comp. with Carlos Peron , Severed Heads '97
Brotherhood of AntiGood .Japanese Comp. of NYC hardcore '98
Nowthenafter . NYC downtown electronic ''06
New York Noise #3 No wave proto electro Comp. '06 now tapped to go on Soul Jazz

DFA "Beat Connection" remix . unreleased '02
TUSSLE Don't Stop" remix .Tmu '04
Music inspired by Pac Man . Pac Man Jam on Greeting Cat (Japan /US), new Ep recording now

Day to day, decade to decade, genre to genre , station to station

Buick6

too punk to drunk
Sorry boys, except for PlasitcMan and the 'Dominatrix' Hell thingy, I've never heard any of them. I must be an ignoramus for not keeping up with all this essential shit, where can I download if for free?

Either that or the powers of the Global Zionistic Media Entertainment Empire are keeping these brothers down.

Last edited:
first past the post and popping the noob cherry...

...we make music, are from NZ and i got some mates around the place who know what we sound like on a good day

so do we qualify ???

Melchior

Taking History Too Far
HELL_SD said:
first past the post and popping the noob cherry...

...we make music, are from NZ and i got some mates around the place who know what we sound like on a good day

so do we qualify ???

It's a start anyway. Where from NZ are you from? I'm a welly boy myself.

sup Melchior...

...we reppin churtown on the mainland

and yeah Gutter...

...I just want to make beats and let other people talk about em but people just won't let me :p

polystyle

Dom Boom Boom

Yeah, sure did "Sleeps Tonight" - had a great team helping along the way.
Seems like yesterday and same time , aaages ago .
Inspiration was my Dom lady friends who used to do their thing in high places with music business lawyers who repped people we've all heard of .
I luved the dynamic of what was going on behind those doors ,
what they got paid to do to that macho power those dodo's projected in their 'regular life' ,
and so 'women beat their men ' -
'and animals watch beyond the fire' . Yes they do ...

Re: the "Beat Connection" remix . Well, we all used to hang out and go to the same parties and one night
I was asked by Tim Goldsworthy if I wanted to remix James' new track .
Once I heard it though decision was made to scrape what was there and build something new that actually made the 'connection' the piece was supposed to make ...
This first involved my mates Mal Torrance and Tim Saccenti's mixing some cool new music we liked on the turntables , just laying out some possibilites in the DFA studio , then I brought in a young Japanese lady to another studio and got some vocals going , James had a nice bassline laying around from some previous jam session and Tim G hooked it all up .
That was 2002

polystyle

Sonic weapons

This was cool to find out that Kode 9 , a Black Dog member , Shadetek , DJ Rupture and Plasticman,
among probably others are at least sometimes here , that's a formidable crew right there !
Cheers all