Happy Hardcore on Eruption FM

I heard a set by DJ Voltage on Eruption FM this weekend. I was washing the dishes, and his set, well it lifted my poor damp and down-trodden soul. My little heart lifted at the ultra-caucasian cheesiness of it all. All those Essex girls in histrionics, in the past Ive HATED all that post Ardkore stuff, but suddenly. Deep Joy. The thing is, Voltage's set wasnt in the least faithful, there was some Paul Elstak, some ruffer Gabba, no boring boring boring Jungle breaks. I taped it and I'm gonna pick through the wreckage for some of the track titles.

bassnation

the abyss
John Bitumen said:
no boring boring boring Jungle breaks.

lol, thats got to be a troll in a forum full of old skool jungle obsessed aging ravers like this one.

pretty good going for your 2nd post! ;)

no disrespekt intended! i promise. its just that the airwaves are weighted down with very worthy new and old skool drum'n'bass shows. this show i heard was a breath of fresh air. actually so many genres are sounding well safe when you pick them up on the dial. 2step garage rehashes etc. just a bit surprising that what might seem to be the ugliest and oldest "genre" sounded so cotton pickin lively....

bassnation

the abyss
John Bitumen said:
its just that the airwaves are weighted down with very worthy new and old skool drum'n'bass shows

:) no disrepect taken, but i would like to hear some of the old skool shows because i didn't realise people were still doing them - apart from the jungle stalwarts at interface pirate radio that is!

i'd also like to go out and hear some old skool through a big system once again, but the old skool reunion things always seem to be full of 14 year old kids chewing their own eyebrows and eyeing anyone over 30 suspiciously like they are old bill or someones parents come to pick them up. but anyway.

bassnation said:
:) no disrepect taken, but i would like to hear some of the old skool shows because i didn't realise people were still doing them - apart from the jungle stalwarts at interface pirate radio that is!

where i live you can pick up all the london stations and quite a few suburban ones. ardkore is very definitely a staple...........still

ambrose

bang face......hmm not sure if i am in favour or not. me gareth and steve m went down, we did still till the end i guess, but it kinda felt a bit too self aware. there were loads of people waving "crazy" signs around and i think they sort of love themselves maybe slightly too much (not to say that they shouldnt love themselves at all, cos they set uop a decent littel affair). the venue is a bit of an odd one, but it is cheap, so if you dont mind crammed and sweaty then try it. the music is pretty good, as long as they keep away from the "neo-rave"?!?!??! ie they play neough old stuff to make it ok