Dreamscape 1 video footage + rave documentrys

DigitalDjigit

Honky Tonk Woman
ARGH!!!!!!

Flash-only website. People should ignore and not link to flash only websites.

Moreover, all the videos are in the shitty WMV format.

Thanks for the link anyway.

DJL

i'm joking
Lol. What is the problem with flash websites?
Seems to work ok on my computer and even though the vids are a little grainy the footage is still priceless...

DigitalDjigit

Honky Tonk Woman
The problem with flash websites is that they are completely against the philosophy of the World Wide Web. They are also annoying to browse because all the animations and crap get in the way.

It's like making your website work with IE only but worse.

DJL

i'm joking
Sorry if I am being stupid but why are they against the philosophy of the world wide web? It works fine on both my Internet Explorer and Safari browsers. Is it a 56K issue?

DigitalDjigit

Honky Tonk Woman
Because it's not an agreed standard, because it controls how I see it not the other way around, because it doesn't fit into the concept of interconnected web of documents, because not everyone has or wants to run flash.

I am not against all flash, it's ok for a little bit of extra decoration/fun. I am against when the only way to view a website is with flash. I mean wtf is wrong with the scrollbars that the browser has why does every idiot flash "webdesigner" wants to put all his text in a tiny little box with its own scrollbar that doesn't work as well as the one my operating system provides me?

Sorry to totally derail this but Flash is an insiduous presence that must be fought.

bassnation

the abyss
DigitalDjigit said:
Sorry to totally derail this but Flash is an insiduous presence that must be fought.

its ok if its used in an interesting way, or provides something that regular html can't - cartoon and animation sites being a case in point. i agree about doing the whole site in flash though.

i use the mozilla flashblock extension so i can decide whether i want to view it on a case by case basis.

btw, thanks for the dreamscape links, imo thats something worth viewing, technology issues or not.