4hero/reinforced docu on 1xtra

Diggedy Derek

Stray Dog
Good stuff that documentary, 30 minutes long so you get a lot of slices of music. However, it's weird how L Double goes "after 1996, the majors get involved, and boy, you know bad shit was bound to happen, and the music went rubbish". It's not really the major's fault that Source Direct, say, went totally up their own arses.

Nevertheless, some top top tunes there.

Tha Megatron

Respect to the 4Hero n Reinforced Label. I have to adjust my settings to check out the Real Player but soon as i do im definately checking this documentary out. Theyre probably one of my top musical inspirations of all time. Im such a fanatic i spent almost $45 on the 12" for "Cookin Up Your Brain". It was worth every penny on vinyl :)

all about the R!

mega

dubplatestyle

the weird thing is that reinforced continued to be one of the few labels which did their own thing all the way up, even through the major label bullshit. they were putting out great records as late as 2003.

henry s

Street Fighting Man
in fact, reinforced continued to put out great stuff even after adopting the "intelligent" tag (generally a bad sign)...that "Jungle Book: Intelligent Minds Of Jungle" comp may be eye-rollingly titled, but ranks (in my mind) as a watermark of the genre...

D

droid

henry s said:
in fact, reinforced continued to put out great stuff even after adopting the "intelligent" tag (generally a bad sign)...that "Jungle Book: Intelligent Minds Of Jungle" comp may be eye-rollingly titled, but ranks (in my mind) as a watermark of the genre...

Classic tunes on that one - Brilliant LP. Ranks up there with Counterforce...

Im such a fanatic i spent almost $45 on the 12" for "Cookin Up Your Brain". It was worth every penny on vinyl

Shit man! i woudlve sold my double of it for half that! or a good swapsies... :)

baboon2004

Darned cockwombles.
Great tunes on there - I thought the observation about how the scene dried up a lot once all the major players got drawn away to the studio for years at a time by majors' money to produce albums seemed very understandable as well.

Also reminded me how good 'Terminator' is, from the snippet they played :)

Tha Megatron

That Sonar Circle mix is a pure history lesson and I have been schooled! Great sound quality mix, top tracks from the back catalogue and overall top notch mixing and selection. Once again thanx for posting the link to that mix on here. Definately a top notch mix headed to heavy rotation on the ipod!

mega

tate

Brown Sugar
dubplatestyle said:
they were putting out great records as late as 2003.

and after, if you count nucleus & paradox last year

was also tickled to pick up reinforced's 2004 re-release of terminator/journey to the light (!)

ditto @ megatron. sonar circle mix is great, many thanks

Woebot

Diggedy Derek said:
Good stuff that documentary, 30 minutes long so you get a lot of slices of music. However, it's weird how L Double goes "after 1996, the majors get involved, and boy, you know bad shit was bound to happen, and the music went rubbish". It's not really the major's fault that Source Direct, say, went totally up their own arses.

Nevertheless, some top top tunes there.

he harps on about the media too. i thought he came across quite annoyingly.

id like to have heard much more about the early period too....and less about the recent stuff.

still its good fun.