big apple records closes

hint

party record with a siren
Due to the decrese in vinyl sales over the past couple of years big apple records will close its shop & site today 29/11/04 and will not reopen.

We would like to take this oppertunity to thank all of ourpast & present customers for there support & business over the past 12 years.

All our remaining stock can be found at http://apple.gemm.com

a shame - you'd think that after 12 years of business a shop like that would be established enough to ride out the lull.

ambrose

that sucks. i wonder how any of these shiops survive, especially wonder what the financial realities of shops like rhythm division and independance. isnt their catchement area pretty overlapping?

big apple must have had a relatively wider catchement area, at any rate.

originaldrum

from start till done
oh man that is a real bummer, i wonder what is going to happen to the label? Isn't there studios upstairs or something? who will give hatcha a job now? is this a kick in the guts for dubstep in general? questions questions...

mms

sometimes
originaldrum said:
oh man that is a real bummer, i wonder what is going to happen to the label? Isn't there studios upstairs or something? who will give hatcha a job now? is this a kick in the guts for dubstep in general? questions questions...

i think there was other stuff involved too in the closing, dunno about the label, i hope it carries on.
you can still buy stuff at dubplate.net and independance etc..

Yeah, this sucks for sure. I took one last look at their site when I got the email, but it's gone now.

Talk about a catchment area, I used to mail order stuff from them out to Australia way back when. :)

It's hardly suprising that they went under though - I bought the last couple of releases on Big Apple label from juno 2 quid cheaper than you could get it at their own store?! wtf??

Still, a mightily good record store - RIP.