Lethal B & Spragga Benz

Ach!

Turd on the Run
Oh My Diddy!

Heard this on Master B show on Raw UK - absolutely dirty. Best version so far.

bun-u

Trumpet Police
yes got this on saturday... it works well. an even better uptown purchase was davinchie's 'dirty canvas 2' , the buzzlightyear2 is shockingly melodic-brutal...it left me unhinged after some loud headphone listening. record of the year, ever (for this week anyhow)

stelfox

Beast of Burden
dubplatestyle said:
absolutely tearing. spragga's gotta be shuffling round his mid-to-late 30's at this point...that's showin em old timer.

he's not actually so old, you know. i'm continually shocked at how young a lot of these guys are. it just *seems* like they've been around forever!

stelfox

Beast of Burden
oh and while i like this a lot, it's not an exclusive vocal cut, it's actually an overlay of the lyrics from "put foot ova", which was spragga's version on the dancehall rock. doesn't make it any less fun, of course. would just be nice to hear some one-off voicings by the JA crew on grime rhythms.

luka

yeah now would be a good time to remind people of harry toddler over eskimo, donkey kick, which was a proper link up. more stuff in that vein would be great.

C

captain easychord

luka said:
yeah now would be a good time to remind people of harry toddler over eskimo, donkey kick, which was a proper link up. more stuff in that vein would be great.

DJ logan gets into some of this on his sidewinder bonus mix (which is at www.eskibeat.co.uk)

Diggedy Derek

Stray Dog
Yeah the ragga vocals on that Logan set are breathtaking. Essential listening (although I think Eskibeat may be temporarily down at the moment).

Thanks for clearing up whether it was a new vocal or not, Stelfox. I just assumed it was new, because it seemed to fit so well- it sounded tight, which often isn't the case when you lay an accapella over another beat.

stelfox

Beast of Burden
it's a great track on the original rhythm anyway - sorry i feel like i've broken everyone's new toy now! - and i don't really care one way or another; i like it just fine. be fun to see some proper cross-pollination again, though.

Logan Sama

BestThereIsAtWhatIDo
stelfox said:
oh and while i like this a lot, it's not an exclusive vocal cut, it's actually an overlay of the lyrics from "put foot ova", which was spragga's version on the dancehall rock. doesn't make it any less fun, of course. would just be nice to hear some one-off voicings by the JA crew on grime rhythms.

*cackles maniacally*