Underground NDW 1980-1983

francesco

Minerva Estassi
Underground NDW 1980-1983

No possibility Matt of you presenting this compilation to a label interested in reissues, like Soul Jazz or else? It would be great, if they could get to licence the tracks and issue it. The booklet you just wrote!

I always would love to do something like you did for italian post-punk, but i never find the time nor i have half of the records i still search for. Not that italian post-punk has been something special, but there is a small amount of very good and obscure tracks that could fill a great single CD compilation.

For everyone that is asking what i'm talking about go to the ubermighty:
http://www.woebot.com/

Last edited:
wicked t'ings from Matt. can't believe those old farts at the Wire ain't lickin his ass yet.

never felt so glad to be on someone's links bar in all my bloggin life :p

soundslike1981

Good stuff all around.

I'd be curious what he thinks of Neonbabies. To me, they're the DNW band with the most moxy.

I think you could easily make at least a 3-disc set of bands/tracks of that calibre.

Is Germanic (not just from Germany) stuff usually included under the DNW arch?

Woebot

francesco said:
I always would love to do something like you did for italian post-punk, but i never find the time nor i have half of the records i still search for. Not that italian post-punk has been something special, but there is a small amount of very good and obscure tracks that could fill a great single CD compilation.

i'd love to hear that franceso!

francesco

Minerva Estassi
WOEBOT said:
i'd love to hear that franceso!

Ok, i'll try to do it. Some of the rarest things i hope to get a recording from some of my old collectors friends in sicily this christmas. I have thought about 3/4 of the tracklist, when is done, i'll let you know!