music related tattoos

minikomi

pu1.pu2.wav.noi
who has one? when did you get it? do you still like it?
i was thinking it would be funny to get a tattoo of how the amen break looks in a wav editor the other day.. but then thought the better of it.

spackb0y said:
Philosophy related tattoo? Do tell...

It says "AMOR FATI" in my best friend's handwriting...which was Nietzsche's take up of the Stoics' idea of the love of destiny/fate. I used to think it meant something but now I think it's daft.

labrat

hot on the heels of love
I've seen HUNDREDS of Acid House related "homebrew" tattoos (largely the classical smiley) but my personal "Hope I die beforee I get old" one is sported by the semi-famous North West DJ Welly: his arm bears the legend RAVE2THAGRAVE!
EXELLENT STUFF.

Melchior

Taking History Too Far
I've got some lyrics from the hrdcore band Indecision around my ankle and a straigt edge tattoo that isn't about music per se, but close enough. I'll take picture of my straight edge one and put it up later.

A guy at work has a black flag tattoo on the back of his neck. It's main redeeming feature is that he was a part of the So Cal/LA punk scene when Black Flag were contemporary (He sang in the band Stalag 13). I think that stops it from being too Rollins wannabee.

Last edited:

michael

Bring out the vacuum
Just got told one of the guys from (New Zealand drum'n'bass duo) Concord Dawn has the waveform of the Funky Drummer break around one arm.

See the drummer get wikkid.

owen

hardcore fans have amsuing tattoos, contd.

a friend of mine drunkenly got one of this-

image002.jpg

he now habitually wears a bandage over the requisite bit of his arm

PeteUM

It's all grist
Gahan! Gahan! Gahan.

OK. A mate of a mate is pretty big on Depeche Mode, and Dave Gahan in particular, for some stupid reason. I think he actually looks a bit like Gahan, and has cultivated a Gahan look. This Gahan-fixation has led him to have copies of Gahan's numerous tattoos on his own body. But, get this: he's had them done in reverse left-to-right sequence, so if he ever meets Gahan face to face, they will be a mirror image of each other, especially naked.

I mean, I like some early Mode, but...