Best Jungle Mix Ever? Naphta - Sovereign Rhythms vol. 1

D

droid

I reckon this fits the bill - Ive had it on heavy rotation for nearly 3 years at this stage - and for me, (apart from being the soundtrack to a misspent youth) this is everything a jungle mix should be. Loads of inspiring melodic tunes, super tight (and ballsy) mixing and great pacing and selection...

Wish I had a few more like this one:

sovereign_rhythms1_front.jpg

(00:00) 1.DJ Tamsin & Monk - A Better Place [DJ Crystl Rmx] (Whitehouse)
(06:01) 2.Deep Blue - Helicopter Tune (Moving Shadow)
(08:44) 3.Foul Play - The Stepper (Moving Shadow)
(11:47) 4.Urban Wax - Take Me Up Remix (Liquid Wax)
(17:24) 5.DJ Crystl - Let It Roll (Dee Jay)
(20:54) 6.Ruff With The Smooth - Twisted Girl (Basement)
(27:10) 7.Intense - The Quickening [DOPE Remix] (Rugged Vinyl)
(30:49) 8.Ed Rush - Bludclot Artattack (No-U-Turn)
(34:44) 9.Danny Breaks - Vol. 1 (Droppin Science)
(39:20) 10.Foul Play - Open Your Mind (Moving Shadow)
(43:00) 11.DJ Taktix - The Way VIP (Back2Basics)
(47:11) 12.Hyper-on-E - Lord Of The Null Lines [Foul Play Rmx] (Moving Shadow)
(50:40) 13.Sub Sequence - Everyday (Too‚z Up)
(54:17) 14.Omni Trio - Original Soundtrack (Moving Shadow)
(57:18) 15.D.O.P.E. - Travelling Part 2 (Rugged Vinyl)
(61:09) 16.Studio Pressure - The Water Margin (Photek Recordings)
(65:04) 17.Fokus - Trigger Happy (Lucky Spin)
(66:36) 18.Hyper-on-E - Monarch Of The Glen (Moving Shadow)

Get Sovereign Rhythms Vol.1 - Naphta

Tracklisting, cover, MP3 and liner notes at the link above...

Look out for Vol.2 - In the bag and coming soon... comments appreciated as always...

D

droid

HMGovt said:
Looks great, but I couldn't get it to unzipperate properly - possibly some corruption. I will try to download again, maybe that'll help.

Argh :mad: - that shouldnt be happening. Im very thorough about these things - I zipped it on a PC instead of a MAC to avoid this, and I checked it before upload.

Maybe its a problem with my FTP - Ill make sure its working now...

D

droid

Ok - just DL'd Uncompressed and played the MP3. All working OK. Must be a dodgy download or glitch in Winzip.

Ive noticed that ZIP's are a bit more vulnerable to download glitches, and sometimes dont work for no apparant reason - so If anyone has a better cross-platform way to package files together - Im all ears...

Yoghurt Sothoth

Lord of the files
droid said:
Ok - just DL'd Uncompressed and played the MP3. All working OK. Must be a dodgy download or glitch in Winzip.

Ive noticed that ZIP's are a bit more vulnerable to download glitches, and sometimes dont work for no apparant reason - so If anyone has a better cross-platform way to package files together - Im all ears...

WORKS!
Cueing up now...

D

droid

This mix is slewing our bandwidth at the mo - and it may have to go offline before the end of the month. :eek:

So if ya want it - get it now...

D

droid

Rambler said:
Droid, this is wicked stuff. Excellent work all round - been putting a smile on my face all afternoon.

I had to YSI this to my other computer (the one with the CD burner), so to save a bit of Droid's bandwidth here's the link for those that want:

http://s51.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=1PIMKMI0LSD871ODRYWFRV5MVQ

Cheers for that Rambler!

Have to admit - I was expecting a bit more contention (in general) about my 'best jungle mix ever' claim.. but hey - lack of dissent = agreement afaic! :)

turtles

in the sea
Well, in light of all these complaints about mixes not getting the attention they deserve, I thought i should say: THIS MIX DESERVES ATTENTION. cuz it's damn good.

best jungle mix ever? today, sure why not.

D

droid

bipedaldave said:
best jungle mix ever? today, sure why not.

:D

Seriously though - as 'studio' mixes go - I reckon its a contender - especially when you take Vol 2 into account...