New Stuff

bassnation

the abyss
Martin Dust said:
Looking to get switched on to some new stuff, anything goes - hit me up with some links...

Thanks in advance

hiya martin, you might already know about this stuff, but heres some wicked mixes that are rocking my boat from dubway's excellent dubstep site:

http://dubstep.kicks-ass.net/mixes/...al_Mystikz_-_Peel_Tribute_Show_-_16-12-04.zip
http://dubstep.kicks-ass.net/mixes/rinse_fm/Youngsta_&_Task_-_Rinse_FM_-_17-11-05.zip

the youngsta mix in particular i just cannot get enough of. trying to produce some half step now. the slowness seems to add loads of power to the music. reminds me very much of jah shaka style steppas reggae.

also, done a bit of an about-turn on the last BOC album - drawn me right in now, that and the last deadbeat lp (available from bleep).

my mate matt o'brien is producing wicked techno right now too - just about to release the 2nd ep on his offkey industries label (won 't put the link, looks too much like a plug!) but its worth checking.

marc

Last edited:

mms

sometimes
bleep said:
Currently on high rotation at Chateau Bleep is 'Are you really lost' by Matias Aguayo, which can be previewed via www.kompakt-mp3.net

Lovely ploddy grooves.

like that one alot

currently enjoying the new theo parrish = levels
also the neworlrdaquarium 12" the games we play . on kirk degiorgio's emi off shoot new religion
one really ace slow track

DJ PIMP

it makes me squeek with delight. perfectly captures the feeling...

late-night low-light
squeamy tummy
everythings a bit wonky
hungry ghosts all around
eating with their eyes
is getting this bent actually fun
oh wait listen to that
this is why we do it
every body starts vibezin'
and here
we go
again

Martin Dust

Techno Zen Master
I've tried to get into Theo, but I'm just not feeling it at all - everyone I know bangs on about him and I just find myself moving to the next room :)

Martin Dust

Techno Zen Master
mms said:
like that one alot

currently enjoying the new theo parrish = levels
also the neworlrdaquarium 12" the games we play . on kirk degiorgio's emi off shoot new religion
one really ace slow track

New Religion isn't Kirk's shoot off, I think NR have teamed up with A.R.T for the album.

I've kinda fallen out with everyone just doing the same "Detroit" sound and not taking it anywhere, for the moment I just don't see the point, it's like we are wishing the ourselves the same future as Northern Soul, oh I don't know....

mms

sometimes
Martin Dust said:
New Religion isn't Kirk's shoot off, I think NR have teamed up with A.R.T for the album.

I've kinda fallen out with everyone just doing the same "Detroit" sound and not taking it anywhere, for the moment I just don't see the point, it's like we are wishing the ourselves the same future as Northern Soul, oh I don't know....

agree but newworldaquarium is something else i think,actually moved on stees.
its not really on the detroit tip but i see yr point, the same goes for idm circa 93-4 which was people trying to do the more vibey detroit stuff, now you get people stuck trying to emulate that sound now .
most of those tracks on the art/ nr comp are off a comp done years ago art did with rephlex called philosophy of mind and machine'- the test is to try and tell which ones are new and which are old, unless you know it's pretty hard.

Martin Dust

Techno Zen Master
mms said:
agree but newworldaquarium is something else i think,actually moved on stees.
its not really on the detroit tip but i see yr point, the same goes for idm circa 93-4 which was people trying to do the more vibey detroit stuff, now you get people stuck trying to emulate that sound now .
most of those tracks on the art/ nr comp are off a comp done years ago art did with rephlex called philosophy of mind and machine'- the test is to try and tell which ones are new and which are old, unless you know it's pretty hard.

I was speaking more generally to be honest, I'm mostly listening to hard techno and grime at the moment, although people like UR/Shake/Los Hermanos still do it for me...