Cinestatic/Whorecull club night 1/12/05

Atrope2-758387.jpg

Culla

Cog Diss
That extropian flyer

it's intentionally 'ravey', owen. it's a detail from a Sri Lankan batik. It's not the greatest piece of design ever, I am not a designer, but i had to think quick as our designer for the first one claimed he did not have enough time. i like the "tuned in, turned on" nature of the {probably) Buddhist face...

we felt it was suitably 'extropian'. for further debate on the name/image, etc, i direct you here

there will be better images projected at the do, I promise!

Last edited:
yer, shut it owen! just cos it aint brutalist architecture or a berlin chick in athletic pants...you modernist milquetoast!

cheers for bumping up thread tho!

owen

oh ok, i guess if its trying to evoke a rave in newbury or summat :p

(note bumping up thread again)

czukay

more shameless plugging and upward-thread-bumping

Looking forward to your set, Infinite, since I know you can select records with every bit as much aplomb as you can summarise conferences. (Is it true you'll be playing some King Crimson?)

In the unlikely event that anyone is still in doubt as to whether to attend this event, here are some links:

Michael Forrest's freely downloadable album -- even better live.

The evening's visuals spring from the brain of the Robert Crumb of the West Midlands and everything else can be attributed to sonic truth, cinestatic, and the angry young urbanite's musical and political review.

czukay

So as a bumpy aside, it's worth noting that the provider of visuals at tonight's Extropia (Public Life, E1, TONIGHT), who would possibly object to the label Robert Crumb of the West Midlands, is also the Robert Fripp of the West Midlands (except more versatile and less Tory), but has currently moved all his music links from his blog. But where to?

john eden

male pale and stale
Ah well, I'm sorry I couldn't go, but I have a filthy cold and I had business to attend to elsewhere. Next time!

Did you rock the house, IT? Was everyone in awe of your turntable dexterity?

s'difficult holding stuff on a Thursday, that's fer sure, the system's got everyone locked in tight so they don't want to stay up and mess up the machine...man...

erm, anyway, yeah I did alright, but the mixer was the wrong-way round, the volume on the monitor was all wonky, and there were no headphones....!

Still, I got to play Visage's 'Moon over Moscow', so that's ok.

Could you (at some point) send me a copy of Rave for Communism, btw....?

john eden

male pale and stale
infinite thought said:
erm, anyway, yeah I did alright, but the mixer was the wrong-way round, the volume on the monitor was all wonky, and there were no headphones....!

Propah DJing! :D

Did no fucker have headphones for you to borrow?

infinite thought said:
Still, I got to play Visage's 'Moon over Moscow', so that's ok.

Could you (at some point) send me a copy of Rave for Communism, btw....?

Mmmm Visage, nice one - yeah I can bung some stuff on CD for you, if you like? It will be a recorded from vinyl thing... but I'll need your address, innit.

I'll private message ya...but really no rush, know yr a busy man with proper adult responsibilities and ting!

there were some headphones, allegedly, but no one had the jack converter thing to make 'em fit. It's weird how clubs seem to go on night after night with no one ever fixing anything in between....

john eden

male pale and stale
I'm seriously amateur DJ, but I always take my own headphones after doing it without one fateful night at 121 Railton Road.

Anyway yeah I'll sort you out with some random stuff at some point. :)