Request for a separate mixes forum

D

droid

Since we're all ready at the back of the bus down here - is there any chance of further segregation? The 'events' posts here outnumber the mixes 10 - 1, and as a result worthy mixes (and no - not just my own! ;)) are rapidly dropping off the front page with only a few views.

Can we split it into 'events' and 'mixes and releases' forums? - and create a more viable environment for these (IMO) vital and altruistic contributions?

I dont want to spark another fruitless debate over this - its just a thought...

Last edited by a moderator:

Eric

Mr Moraigero
yes, agree. the mixes are much more universally useful than the events, since they aren't tied to any geographical location, so it seems reasonable to separate them.

gdw

got to agree with this. would be a really nice addition to the already indispensable dissensus.

hopefully a specific mixes forum would attract even more music...

tryptych

waiting for a time
Yep this gets my vote too. although i thought woebot didnt want to create anymore forums, so you might not get favourable response from the management

Melchior

Taking History Too Far
I'm against it myself. We need fewer forums, not more. This doesn't get much traffic really and an extra forum wouldn't make more traffic.

D

droid

Melchior said:
I'm against it myself. We need fewer forums, not more. This doesn't get much traffic really and an extra forum wouldn't make more traffic.

I basically agree with you in principle, and I made that point a few months back. I was totally against this sub-forum to begin with - but - as its here, I think the best way forward is further segregation. The mixes here just get lost in a sea of events threads - not that theres anything wrong with those threads, but they are basically high frequency advertisements, and, as such, tend not to invite further disscusion - in fact Im not really sure why the 'mixes' got lumped in here with them in the first place to be honest...

Just to reiterate - Im not trying to stir the shit here... just a suggestion :cool:

dsp13

GAMEBWOY
I'd rather have an exclusive mix forum than an events one anyway... couldn't events just be in a sticky thread? either way i think a mix forum is good idea.

D

droid

:eek: At spelling separate wrong in the title and not being able to edit it..

Its one of those words that i always misspell.. dunno why.. selective dislexiya perhaps? In fact, looking at the preview - I just did it again there... :mad:

john eden

male pale and stale
droid said:
:eek: At spelling separate wrong in the title and not being able to edit it..

Its one of those words that i always misspell.. dunno why.. selective dislexiya perhaps? In fact, looking at the preview - I just did it again there... :mad:

Well I just changed it for you, cos I am nice.

At the end of the day, this is up to Matt and Matt alone, but here is my 2p's worth.

I can see the advantage of a mixes forum but frankly I hate the idea of having even more forums.

If half the people that downloaded mixes which were linked from here bothered to post one word replies on the threads then none of this would be an issue, because they would bubble up to the top of the forum.

Maybe another question to ask is, who (apart from organisers) actually gives a toss about ANY of the "events" listings. I can see the point of discussions about Extropia, DMZ, FWD, etc, but it looks to me like most of the events which are listed are of no interest to anyone.

john eden

male pale and stale
DJL said:
They're of interest to me in terms of finding out what events are happening!

Even when they are hundreds of miles away from Paranoiaville, DJL? :)

Fair enough if they are of use to people - I'm too old decrepid to go out anyway...

DJL

i'm joking
john eden said:
Even when they are hundreds of miles away from Paranoiaville, DJL? :)

Lol. I'm changing that now. Anyone who wants to visit Pville should smoke skunk everyday all day for a serious amount of time while getting obsessed with conspiracys!!! :D

dHarry

Great idea! I tend not to check the E, R & M threads for a while, and then wonder where all the mixes have gone :confused: Mixes could/should be a sticky thread in Music, or have their own forum... they never belonged with the infamous G***e Spam.

john eden

male pale and stale
i've moved this to Music so more people will contribute. It just seemed to be rattling around a bit down in mixes/events.

Woebot

john eden said:
I can see the advantage of a mixes forum but frankly I hate the idea of having even more forums.

Yeah I'm with this I'm afraid. Just for simplicity's sake. I mean, how difficult is it really to cock a snook at the Events/Realeases/Mixes forum and hook out a mix?

What is *really* needed is more people starting threads! Lol.

(msg to Jon- could this thread go in the Misc forum? Just a thought.....feel free to ignore me)

sufi

lala
i've moved this to Music so more people will contribute. It just seemed to be rattling around a bit down in mixes/events.
<-early signs of compulsive modding behaviour??!! ;)

totally agree with you on all counts J!
i think one more forum would dilute the content too far, couldnt bear to lose nature (almost time to revive the fush thread actually) & i think politix & thought are not quite mergable....

&... heartily agreeing that anyone who downloads a mix should be most strongly encouraged to leave a comment, even if only a thx, otherwise they should feel like a lurking leech....ok