Is it just my Imagination?

D

droid

Or have things slowed to a crawl around here? There was a rash of activity about a month ago, but at the moment Dissensus seems to be a bit of a wasteland...

Where have all the regular posters got to? - and is there any chance of some of the many lurkers coming out of the shadows?

john eden

male pale and stale
This sort of thing happens from time to time and is nothing to worry about.

You can always kick start it by slamming down some controversial threads, tho, Droid. ;)

I would suggest:

GRIME - you only like it because you think it's going to be massively popular in 10 years' time like 'ardkore was post-Reynolds, but it won't be.

ACID HOUSE - the worst thing to happen to UK music, ever.

or anything really polarised about abortion, paletine/israel, religion, etc.

D

droid

john eden said:
This sort of thing happens from time to time and is nothing to worry about.

You can always kick start it by slamming down some controversial threads, tho, Droid. ;)

Oh no - the aim is to attract more posters - not drive them away! :D

I dunno if this is just the usual wax and waning - things seem to have settled down to 'pre-ructions' levels again. The main positive to come out of recent development swas in increase in posting - and that seems to have dropped back down now...

I would suggest:

GRIME - you only like it because you think it's going to be massively popular in 10 years' time like 'ardkore was post-Reynolds, but it won't be.

ACID HOUSE - the worst thing to happen to UK music, ever.

or anything really polarised about abortion, paletine/israel, religion, etc.

You obviously havent seen this then...

One thing I just realised - maybe the dip was due to your absence? Now your back - Im sure things will liven up again! ;)

john eden

male pale and stale
droid said:
One thing I just realised - maybe the dip was due to your absence? Now your back - Im sure things will liven up again! ;)

Yeah, well, I'm glad SOMEONE noticed! :D

Heh - well maybe not controversial threads but ones people can all contribute to? Like the "music barely glimpsed" one. Otherwise I think dissensus is a bit dependent on external events to kick off topics (news, releases, etc) and maybe things are just quiet in the outside world cos of the commencement of the party season and stuff.

O

Omaar

Yeah, I'd thought it was because a number of the usual posters were staying away.

There does seem to be a bit of a different vibe here than there was a few months ago, say.

You're probably right though, it may just be a seasonal thing.

john eden said:
Yeah, well, I'm glad SOMEONE noticed! :D

Heh - well maybe not controversial threads but ones people can all contribute to? Like the "music barely glimpsed" one. Otherwise I think dissensus is a bit dependent on external events to kick off topics (news, releases, etc) and maybe things are just quiet in the outside world cos of the commencement of the party season and stuff.

The number of posts is inversely proportional to the frequency of the word 'Badiou' on the front page. I have graphs and everything.

D

droid

Fuck me! Twas bad before Christmas, but for someone coming here after an extended absence this place seems dead as a doornail!

Whats the post rate at the mo? 10 a day or something?

A sad state of affairs indeed... :(

john eden

male pale and stale
You do know that, in the time it took to write that post, you could have started a whole new thread, don't you? ;)

sufi

lala
i've been monitoring...
It got a bit hot again before xmas... after a quiet period at the end of NOv...
i blame the BOT hisself, since he sloped off back to his blog eyeballs have been diverted,
but things have been getting a bit busy in new year, i started a thread in Moosic & rewch has reawakened the fush thread...

D

droid

john eden said:
You do know that, in the time it took to write that post, you could have started a whole new thread, don't you? ;)

I could say the same for yourself Mr Eden! ;)

New threads on the way for what its worth...

sufi

lala
alright
i used all my hefty spreadsheet skillz to produce this graff = hits per day the last few months
there's a weekly pattern of being more quiet at weekends & a big crevasse for xmas/new year....

& yeah there was a bit of a trough in november... not yr imagination!

so...... more threads please!