eye-opening video interview with hank shocklee from the bomb squad

gumdrops

ok, heres another interview with him - apparently hes a big dubstep fan, DMZ in particular. weird hes into that and not grime.... id have thought he would have been all over BIDC sonically.

http://coolehmag.com/frontEnd/feature.php?i=34&s=51

CE: So, who out there has Hank Shocklee excited right now? Who’s music are you vibrating with? If you were to go out and give a big cosign to one artist who would it be, like we are playing pickup basketball, who do you pick first?

HS: Oh shit…that’s rough because…okay, you really want to know? You really want to know? I would go pick up DMZ, I would go and fuck with [dubstep collective] Digital Mysticz and the reason why I say that is I think that there is a vibration that they got that the world needs to feel. And what it is, it’s weird, it’s not a person, it’s not an artist…it’s different, it’s almost a being in their sound.

noel emits

a wonderful wooden reason
Wow, that's a really interesting thing for him to say. 2Stepfan has said similar hasn't he?

I heard that HS was playing some dubstep at ATP last year I think?

petergunn

plywood violin
Wow, that's a really interesting thing for him to say. 2Stepfan has said similar hasn't he?

I heard that HS was playing some dubstep at ATP last year I think?

he goes to every Dubwars show and helps promote it... i've seen him spin once, he was playing two step/vocal garage type stuff...

he loves dubstep... i think he's down with grime, he just doesn't like it as much as dubstep

he came to Pure Fire once and took my picture while i was spinning , i had to pinch myself...

l_efbe78b30cc982c2926f75a0618bc0c1.jpg

gumdrops

i thought he would like grime more... just cos its more abrasive and noisy and energetic (all qualities the bomb squad aspired to)... but i suppose dubstep might appeal to him more as its 'better produced' and well since hes older, the less in your face-ness of it might be easier to get around... i wonder what he thought of boy in da corner.