haha

tryptych

waiting for a time
Have you read the comments section?

"Isn't a journalist's right to protect their sources an established principle?
I would have thought that Conor McNicholas (if indeed you are him) would have known and defended that?
And if you are Conor Mcnicholas, are you claiming that commercial interests have never ever influenced content at the NME?"

and the reply:

"While it is sometimes crucial that sources be protected, the concept only truly works when applied by journalists and publications with trustworthy reputations.

I'm afraid this blog is not held in such high esteem. Clearly, in this situation the onus is on you to prove you are not manufacturing this list, working for your own anti-NME agenda, and cowardly hiding behind an established code of journalistic conduct -which, as highly subjective bloggers, you have no real claim to in the first place.

Conor"

hahahaha....

S

simon silverdollar

it is a bit weird that they only show the alledgedly 'doctored' list, rather than the original one though...

although if the story is indeed true, it's no surprise that the NME has an editorial policy to doctor journalists' work so that favourable things are guarenteed to be published about hyped or popular bands. i think just about all music magazines do this, don't they? which is just one reason why they're shit.

Diggedy Derek

Stray Dog
They've removed that article now.

Although it's rather crap of the NME to do this, it's not really any great surprise is it? I'd be surprised if a mainstream mag didn't fiddle about with such polls to reflect what they have been covering or what they want to cover. No surprise.