Zine thing at Foundry

martin

----
Passing this on on behalf of someone I nicked a fanzine off...

Laura Norder cordially invites you to the launch of SAVAGE MESSIAH 3

Wednesday 7th December 7pm

The Foundry Old Street / Great Eastern Street

vocoder readings, zine signings, nasty jungle, punk 7s, industrial noise and
supersensory mobile phone mapping.

petergunn

plywood violin
i love the foundry. when i lived in london a long time ago, that place was my second home. actually first place i ever djed in public, in 1999... that's also where i invented the Redbull and Absinthe, same year... a drink resposible for making me irresponsble many times...

martin

----
petergunn said:
i love the foundry. when i lived in london a long time ago, that place was my second home. actually first place i ever djed in public, in 1999... that's also where i invented the Redbull and Absinthe, same year... a drink resposible for making me irresponsble many times...

Yes, it's a lovely pub, and still incredibly cheap. Did you ever pull in there?

petergunn

plywood violin
martin said:
Yes, it's a lovely pub, and still incredibly cheap. Did you ever pull in there?

i had a girlfriend at the time, so no... but, def. has a house party vibe on there on crowded nights, which is always conductive to that kind of thing...

aw...don't ruin it! you're s'posed to be all mysterious and cagey...not caged...er.....anyway, should we go to this foundry thing then - even if you didn't go to the cinestatic night :mad: ...?!

martin

----
Has anyone here ever pulled in the Foundry? Is it actually possible to do, or do you have to go up the road towards the Cantaloupe and the Old Blue Last?

martin

----
Yes, everyone should go to this Foundry thing, Laura Norder's putting on a lot of effort, and her DJing is superb, anyway I wanted to go to the Cinestatic thing but John Eden said 'Fuck that, there'll only be two people there, tell them you had a cold or something', so me and him went down the Foundry instead - and I didn't pull

Well I miiiiight go....does sound quite neat, I suposssssse.....

heh, that Mr eden, he's SUCH a bad influence, isn't he?

The only thing anyone ever gets in the old blue last (apart from twats coming up to you asking for 'chang' and low-level prostitutes giving you massages while you smoke cigars) is a smack in the chops. until someone gets hurt.... :eek:

martin

----
infinite thought said:
heh, that Mr eden, he's SUCH a bad influence, isn't he?

I still can't believe Woebot made him moderator....if only he saw the real Mr E...

infinite thought said:
The only thing anyone ever gets in the old blue last (apart from twats coming up to you asking for 'chang' and low-level prostitutes giving you massages while you smoke cigars) is a smack in the chops. until someone gets hurt.... :eek:

Oh really, were they prostitutes? I wouldn't have told them to get lost if I'd known. What sort of tosspot smokes CIGARS anyway, I ask you.

well they were 'low-level' prostitutes certainly - asking strangers if they want to be rubbed in exchange for money - pretty much the definition, no? Still think you were WELL rude to them tho, especially as you recently claimed you're always nice to people in the 'service' industry...heh heh heh....fun fun fun...

martin

----
I wasn't that rude, it was a crap 'massage', the girl's mind was obviously on other matters, such as, perhaps, what she'd be wearing when she attended LAURA NORDER'S ZINE THING THIS WEDNESDAY, 7TH DECEMBER, IN THE FOUNDRY WHERE NOBODY, IT SEEMS, EVER PULLS - or else maybe she was one of your breed - a thinker. Maybe she was bored shitless touching drunken idiots' backs and inhaling second-hand cigar smoke and just drifted off into some sort of Heidegger critique.

Hey! Jim Backhouse is online - no doubt taking a break from Resonance FM's 'Midnight Sex Chat'. Jim, what's your take on all this?

martin

----
Argh, sorry, something's come up and I can't make it. But do go along, the music was pretty good last time

martin

----
Is it my fault that almost every night I'm ready to go out, fate bundles me into a metal bin and punts me down the escalator of misfortune? I was gonna ask if anyone's going to see MikaBomb this Saturday, but I'm sure I'll just jinx myself again.