Jeff Mills First Contact cd

mms

sometimes
Jeff Mills Special Contact cd

fuck me - New Jeff mills jap comp is fucking incredible- probably the best thing he's done .
its all about encountering alien life and it's really a masterpiece. Mesmirising, very subtle and warm with a real sense of narrative.

Last edited:

tox

Factory Girl
Mentioned this one in the Jeff Mills thread the other week, certainly an ambitious project.

He's written some really interesting things about the Contact Special on his blog which you can find here.

I particularly like this extract when he's talking about the performance of Contact live in Tokyo...

We arrived just 5 minutes short of 03:00am, I brought down the music to classical string arrangements and sound effects that climaxed at exactly 03:00am. In this time, the lighting person filled the room with fog so that the first flash would be extreme. On the exact second of 03:00am, I let the first track loose -- a enormous flash of white light hit like a bomb. All I could from my DJ position and in front of me were massive circles of rainbow colored rings and huge flashes of blue, green light form above.