The Walkmen - bows & arrows

killuridols

Change the game
Looking through my collection I stumbled across this album and forget how damn good it is. Some songs do drag on and end up going nowhere, but the best bits, like 'The Rat' and 'little house of savages' are deliciously moody. Nobody seems to have heard of them though! Any one here know about this album or their back catalouge?

boomnoise

♫
former members of jonathon fire eater innit. largely insignificant for me. though i do remember liking the songs you mention.

henry s

Street Fighting Man
I have an album of theirs with a really long title (something like Everybody Who Pretended To Like Me Is Gone)...only one tune, "Wake Up", stays in my memory banks...they have this great toy piano that is sprinkled into most of their songs, but the singer can get real Bono-ish, very off-putting...

killuridols

Change the game
spackb0y said:
"The Rat" is excellent, but the rest of their stuff is largely pants, imho.

'The Rat' was a very underated song and deserved more exposure than it actually got....it sounded like how the strokes wanted to sound on their lacklusture second album.

shudder

killuridols: where are you from? in college hipsterland, USA, (i.e. pitchforkland) the walkmen are too overexposed to even be mentioned!

mms

sometimes
shudder said:
killuridols: where are you from? in college hipsterland, USA, (i.e. pitchforkland) the walkmen are too overexposed to even be mentioned!

so overexposed that i've never heard of them , but then again i'm not that up on pitchfork repped indie stuff and i'm from uk.

killuridols

Change the game
shudder said:

Really? Are they popular or is it more a Journo praise thing? I'm from the Uk and not too many people have heard of them.

shudder

killuridols said:
Really? Are they popular or is it more a Journo praise thing? I'm from the Uk and not too many people have heard of them.
i mean, they're popular again in those types of circles... also with the OC crowd (I think they may have played some walkmen songs on the OC). when they played here in providence, the (fairly big) venue was more packed than I had ever seen. (same venue totally empty for junior boys/caribou. jbs were SO good too)

probably a uk/us thing then. (kinda the converse of the bloc party/maximo park/kaiser chiefs etc. phenomenon. they're not that big here, so they have an air of undergroundness that people from the UK laugh/cry/get red in the face at.)