Ruff Sqwad

benjybars

village elder.
i thought i'd be on pretty safe ground if my first post was basically just to say how disgustingly big ruff sqwad are...

in particular i wanna know if anyone recorded last suday's rinse set (4/11/05), and if so could they up it? ruff sqwad have easily been the biggest thing on rinse since the summer but this set was massive! fuda guy should definitely get radio personality of the year. anyway, for the last 20 mins they all mc'd over jungle and it was jokes. very jokes.

so yeah, anyway who's got that set please hook me up.. also i know it's been mentioned before but if anyone's interested in doing cassette swaps of grime sets then let me know.

safety net.

Brokeman

Living Too Late
Benjy,

Good to have you on dissensus! Just to let you know, there's one or two (or 10) people who have reacted badly to the sheer volume of Grime threads on this forum. So, stuff like your post should probably go in the big Grime thread called GRIME: breaking news. That's where we all geek out to stuff like this.

S

simon silverdollar

benjybars said:
i thought i'd be on pretty safe ground if my first post was basically just to say how disgustingly big ruff sqwad are...

in particular i wanna know if anyone recorded last suday's rinse set (4/11/05), and if so could they up it? ruff sqwad have easily been the biggest thing on rinse since the summer but this set was massive! fuda guy should definitely get radio personality of the year. anyway, for the last 20 mins they all mc'd over jungle and it was jokes. very jokes.

so yeah, anyway who's got that set please hook me up.. also i know it's been mentioned before but if anyone's interested in doing cassette swaps of grime sets then let me know.

safety net.

only recorded the first 25 minutes or so sorry. when i get the grime set mp3 site up in the next couple of weeks they'll be loads of ruff sqwad sets up though.

Woebot

Brokeman said:
Benjy,

Good to have you on dissensus! Just to let you know, there's one or two (or 10) people who have reacted badly to the sheer volume of Grime threads on this forum. So, stuff like your post should probably go in the big Grime thread called GRIME: breaking news. That's where we all geek out to stuff like this.

no we like grime threads!!! maybe we should shut that thread down si what do you think?

ruff sqwad are too good.

S

simon silverdollar

WOEBOT said:
! maybe we should shut that thread down si what do you think?

dunno really. the thread will prob die a natural death if other, more specific grime threads are allowed/don't get people's backs up...it's only the 'next best' solution to k punk's (entirely understandable) ire at having loads of different, small grime threads on dissensus.

Jezmi

Olli Oliver Steichelsmein
Well if this thread is going to survive; Does anyone know if Ruff squad sell dubplates? (kinda like sizzla/capleton/buju do)
Not wanting to look like a Stan or malegroupie, there are a few older riddims that never came out which i would like to have....
I guess it would be a bit pricey, but then vinyl lasts a lot longer
Logan? You where saying Dj's need to see a vinyl cutter at least once a fortnight...

Brokeman

Living Too Late
WOEBOT said:
no we like grime threads!!! maybe we should shut that thread down si what do you think?

ruff sqwad are too good.

Far be it from me to argue against Grime threads! Just trying to spare Benjy some needless flaming. :eek:

On the RSQ side of things, can anyone post a sample of that new track that was being discusses recently, can't remeber the name... not Xtra or Move2dis which were just released, another one... sorry for being so vague. Simon, you know the one I'm talking about?

Woebot

simon silverdollar said:
dunno really. the thread will prob die a natural death if other, more specific grime threads are allowed/don't get people's backs up...it's only the 'next best' solution to k punk's (entirely understandable) ire at having loads of different, small grime threads on dissensus.

ok! over and out. :)

benjybars

village elder.
haha! so i've inadvertently closed down that massive grime thread??!! well, i reckon ruff sqwad thread blatantly deserve their own thread anyway...

i guess someone would have said by now, but can i assume that no-one actually DID record that set i was talking about?? did anyone hear it? how funny was the jungle mc'ing at the end!! i think it was rapid's drum and bassy type beat.. anyway, it was sick..

safe for the guy that wanted to save me from being slewed!

Jezmi

Someone posted it on RWD forum....and I downloaded it.
Won't be able to upload it untill tomorrow, maybe its still on the rwd forum.
PM me if it isnt and you want it.

S

simon silverdollar

anyone heard Rapid's 'no bass riddim'? stryder's done a vocal of it. it lives up its name- ghostly melodies and creaky beats and...no bass.

Logan Sama

BestThereIsAtWhatIDo
simon silverdollar said:
anyone heard Rapid's 'no bass riddim'? stryder's done a vocal of it. it lives up its name- ghostly melodies and creaky beats and...no bass.

Slicks made the beat

Jezmi

Slicks has been in on a lot of their big productions i think.
Love u feel was a joint production of rapid and slicks and thats one of their classics right?
He's got a simpeler approach but they touch a nerve :)

wonk_vitesse

radio eros
reviewed in Wire?

anyone see the review in The Wire of the whitechapel gig. All a bit overly serious but good exposure nonetheless.

benjybars

village elder.
Jezmi said:
Someone posted it on RWD forum....and I downloaded it.
Won't be able to upload it untill tomorrow, maybe its still on the rwd forum.
PM me if it isnt and you want it.

i tried doing a private message thing but dunno if it worked.. anyway, if you could send me that set i would be grateful. safe.

also, anyone know the name of that track with stryder and fuda guy on vocals, both mc'ing faster than normal, and both merkin it!

Jezmi

benjybars said:

http://s50.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=0QQHNYVXN5LC80VUHUQVJGF4WU

Well, here it is.

benjybars

village elder.
safe for that Jezmi!

that stryder/fuda guy track is called 'everybody's gotta learn someday' and is too shower..

anyone hear the set last night? I'm screwin, they said i won the competition for the rinse sessions tickets and then the phone line swtiched off! if anyone here has contact with anyone in ruff sqwad tell them i want my tickets NOW! ;)