Dirty Canvas with The Essentials, Friday 17th February 2006

bun-u

Trumpet Police
The second Dirty Canvas features South London's The Essentials on Friday 17th February, again at the Whitechapel Gallery.

Big up Woebot for this month's Wire mag review of the first Dirty Canvas with Ruff Sqwad a few weeks ago. See some pics from that night and more details about this one here

boomnoise

♫
excellent news! i was a little worried that this wasn't going to happen again. and yes woebot's review in the wire is monumental!

bun-u

Trumpet Police
Future (Dirsty Canvas) Acts?

Ok – this is kind of an excuse to bump this up, but also a serious question….

Given I’ll be doing a few of these over 2006, can I have your market research feelers as to which acts I should be inviting over the course of the year?

boomnoise

♫
skepta, jammer and riko. all obvious choices, especially given the fact that both skepta and jammer will have albums out this year. as do wiley and jme, so there''s another two possibles. i would also like to see ears and the meridian crew down.

hmm plasticman and wonder also have albums out so if you could sort something out with them and some mcs that would be great!!!!!

bun-u

Trumpet Police
http://chantellefiddy.blogspot.com/2006/02/next-straight-outta-bethnal.html ]Straight Outta Bethnal gets moved to the same night as this!![/URL]

BUT... you needn't worry, as Dirty Canvas runs from 7.30 till 11.30 and then you could be hitting the three three three at about the right time (just save up some pennies)

.....or you could go to Heatwave across the road at the Rythmn Factory (jeez we need a Grime nights Committee or summit to, y'know, better coordinate things!)

gdw

we've got doctor and seanie t at heatwave that night...it's stumbling distance from the gallery. some kind of guest list offer is on the way.

gabriel

The Heatwave
bun-u said:
.....or you could go to Heatwave across the road at the Rythmn Factory (jeez we need a Grime nights Committee or summit to, y'know, better coordinate things!)

yeah i know it's a shame that straight outta bethnal is third friday of the month - exactly the same as heatwave. however, chantelle (fiddy) says that as of march SOB will move to the 4th friday of the month, which is nice as i'll be able to get down there :cool:

ambrose

so this is gonna be a long night....im up for the 333 meself. booked my train tickets so im def in for dirty canvas at any rate

looks like eski dance is on the night before in watford!!! if only i was back in my ends i would get down there too

Last edited:

gabriel

The Heatwave
gdw said:
we've got doctor and seanie t at heatwave that night...it's stumbling distance from the gallery. some kind of guest list offer is on the way.

here's the offer - email heatwave@scandalbag.com for £5 entry (please mention dissensus to avoid confusion etc - thanks)

definitely heading down to dirty canvas before heatwave anyway...

3underscore

I reckon I may be this times random bloke in a suit. I would rather not be, but I have no real chance of doing Canary Wharf (and a beer or two), SW London, Aldgate.

So, err, that'll be me in a pink striped shirt at a grime thing. Nice.

bun-u

Trumpet Police
3underscore said:
I reckon I may be this times random bloke in a suit. I would rather not be, but I have no real chance of doing Canary Wharf (and a beer or two), SW London, Aldgate.

So, err, that'll be me in a pink striped shirt at a grime thing. Nice.

Cool, if it catches on we could make the next one "suits only"

As I said earlier on tthe thread - don't place too much on the original "Essentials" badge for the night (it's getting close to being "The Essential"!)...but it will still be a very good one with the late additions to the line-up