CD Decks

mpc

wasteman
I want santa claus to bring me one of these this year.

what do you kids use?

i want quite a cheapo one because they're expensive.

how about if i bought a 2nd hand one? is that a bad idea?

DigitalDjigit

Honky Tonk Woman
Wow...that is a LOT more features then my Pioneer CDJ 500 (http://www.dooyoo.co.uk/dj-equipment/pioneer-cdj-500-mk2/) that I got used for $150 on eBay. Technology surges ahead, eh?

The one I have is top-loading which I think is better (faster) but it's a minor difference. Mine isn't very portable. Those DSP effects are cool but also not that important. They get old fast. However looping is a very useful feature, especially if you can have 2 loops, mine only does 1.

250 quid seems like a lot for a cd player.

When I was in the market for one (summer 2004) Pioneer CDJ100 would go for around $100 on ebay. They are very portable but have no looping (and aren't top loading but I dont' think you will find a portable top loader). They are probably cheaper now and are acceptable but I'd try to go for something better.

Last edited:
D

droid

Logan Sama said:
cdj 1000 or the technic.

Industry standard

Not into the technics- bit gimmicky. AFAIK, the only significant difference between the CDJ 1000 and 800 is a tiny bit less latency, and a removeable memory card which allows you to copy individual CD loop points across CDJ's... not worth the extra 200 or so euro.

I got a set of CDJ 800s a while back, and they're great. They take a little geting used to, but its worth it for the +/- 100% timestretching alone... 330 euro each (with no VAT) from Thomanns.

Shouldve bought them years back...

hint

party record with a siren
The CDJ800s are indeed great, but I get the impression that mpc is looking for something about half the price.