PDA

View Full Version : After Shock recordings

blissblogger
01-12-2004, 03:12 PM
the first one i've got is #6 Industry Standard with 'creep crawler' on it

should i be pining for the #1 to #5?

also what was #8, and should i be pining for that too?

(trying to pull together a terror danjah and pals comp, suggestions welcomed)

Woebot
01-12-2004, 04:37 PM
the first one i've got is #6 Industry Standard with 'creep crawler' on it

should i be pining for the #1 to #5?

also what was #8, and should i be pining for that too?

(trying to pull together a terror danjah and pals comp, suggestions welcomed)

yes! yes! yes!

the best label.

amongst mine are (and this is literally off the top of my head):

cockback (fist release)
frontline
frontline remix
gansta toys
the armour one (not very good/cant remember what its called)
so sure
so contagious

ive thought a few of the riddim eps he's put out strained the patience, though the one with "juggling" on it (is that the same one with "creep crawler" is made by that tune.

captain easychord
01-12-2004, 05:18 PM
yes aftershock are certified gold.

also "get me" (bruza). can't really get into his uber-britishness but the 12" comes with an instrumental.

Backjob
02-12-2004, 10:31 AM
Crazy Titch - "I can cu" has got to be on there...

Bruza - "Bruzin" is okay also, not great tho.

Backjob
02-12-2004, 10:33 AM
Oh yeah, also:

Kano - "leave me alone" and "Love is here to stay" are on Aftershock too, aren't they?

I actually really dislike both those tunes for the awful singing on the hook and lacklustre performance from Kano, but they're quite typical of this year's "Aftershock sound", just not as good as "so contagious".

simon silverdollar
02-12-2004, 10:47 AM
i love, 'love is here to stay'. it's a bit catchier and over the top than 'so contagious' and i like that.
one of the best terror danjah productions is his one for 'boogey man'. can't remember what the riddim is called, but yeah, the one used in boogey man is wicked.

also the remix to shystie's 'one wish' is ravey + dreamy.

Grievous Angel
02-12-2004, 12:20 PM
Looking forward to some decent grime mixes.

Grime seems to have a pretty poor nugget-to-filler ratio in my view. Just not enough good records. I need some quality mixes -- not mere compilations -- to focus on.

In the meantime -- 8Ts fast chat. Soon come.

Woebot
02-12-2004, 12:25 PM
i love, 'love is here to stay'. it's a bit catchier and over the top than 'so contagious' and i like that.
one of the best terror danjah productions is his one for 'boogey man'. can't remember what the riddim is called, but yeah, the one used in boogey man is wicked.

also the remix to shystie's 'one wish' is ravey + dreamy.

BOGEY MAN definitely (forgot that). i know you like the shystie remix, but, well, i dont (so there!)

havent heard 'love is here to stay yet.

confusing how many of his new ones are coming out as whites before getting the label/logo treatment. are they strapped for cash or wot?

captain easychord
02-12-2004, 12:45 PM
"poltergeist" is his too isn't it?

simon silverdollar
02-12-2004, 12:48 PM
terror danjah's 'poltergeist' is a remix of a Target track.

not sure if this is on aftershock or not, but the davinche remix of 'frontline', with kele le roc on the vocals, is over biggle.

ambrose
02-12-2004, 02:01 PM
isnt syers "stds" on aftershock? thats pretty funny, if a bit gross

gansta toys and the armour tune are a bit so-so.

owen
02-12-2004, 02:33 PM
i love the incongrousness in 'stds', that lovely, prissy tabla and this boorish nastiness over the top.
its on aim high though isnt it? mind you i actually like gangsta toyz so what do i know.... :o (c'mon! the bit where demon goes 'when, when?' and then it buckles into that atonal grind. marvellous

owen
02-12-2004, 02:38 PM
heheh actually i was playing it when i was (briefly) working at MVE, someone came up to the counter and said 'what is this?', i beamed and was all ready to say 'ah gentle customer, this is grime, the new sound of young east london' then they said 'its fucking horrible'.

simon silverdollar
02-12-2004, 02:43 PM
i cannot believe people don't like gangsta toyz. honestly, i'm genuinely shocked...

wow.

it's an amazing tune. perfect in every way.

Woebot
02-12-2004, 02:43 PM
isnt syers "stds" on aftershock?.

aim high.

baboon2004
02-12-2004, 03:46 PM
Shouldn't 'So Sure' get a release on 679 if Kano's singles continue to drum up interest? That's would be a surefire hit if it did get a release.

mms
02-12-2004, 07:01 PM
terror danjah's 'poltergeist' is a remix of a Target track.

not sure if this is on aftershock or not, but the davinche remix of 'frontline', with kele le roc on the vocals, is over biggle.

poltergeist remix is on aim high.
have u heard another really bass heavy mix of frontline, can't remember who it's by, someone who djs on rinse i think

cooper
02-12-2004, 08:59 PM
poltergeist remix is on aim high.
have u heard another really bass heavy mix of frontline, can't remember who it's by, someone who djs on rinse i think

there are whites of a frontline remix going around that basically just seem to be an edit job on the original; cuts the guitar into staccato stabs.

did anyone mention crazy titch - "i can c u, can u c me"?

for a dj tool i personally like the "payback ep"
frontline - terrah danjah remix
crazy beat remix
meridian walk (meridian crew remix)
cock back (magnum & dok remix)

cock back remix is the gem, i think. little synth blurts, cocking noises, bass farts, little else. big hole in the middle of it.

cooper
02-12-2004, 09:08 PM
Shouldn't 'So Sure' get a release on 679 if Kano's singles continue to drum up interest? That's would be a surefire hit if it did get a release.

rumors were going round a few months ago that majors were fighting over "so sure" - apparently that's why whites were limited when it did appear. all quiet since then, though.

mms
02-12-2004, 11:23 PM
are meridian crew from north london?
it's time for some of the young uns to pop through right now i think.

luka
03-12-2004, 09:31 AM
yeah they're from the meridian estate in tottenham, they're pretty young.

Woebot
03-12-2004, 09:39 AM
did anyone mention crazy titch - "i can c u, can u c me"?

no. again another ive got stashed away. yeah thats definitely one of the best. blimey so many great records.

btw hi coops.

cooper
03-12-2004, 06:29 PM
btw hi coops.

hey matt! i like your board.

fyi on meridian crew - that's skepta's boys. only mc whose name i know is JME - "SERIOUS!"

gumdrops
16-02-2006, 01:18 PM
who has the newish industry standard trilogy? this is the first 12 in ages (maybe ever) *i think* where terror has kinda beefed up his sound, and given it a bit more darkside 'oomph'. i love the first two tracks on this. usually while terrors beats are really meticulously programmed and produced, i sometimes think that fussiness (which is almost elegant in a strange way) makes his tracks quite peppy but also makes them a bit lacking in that they dont have much 'attack'. i was kinda joking when i came up with the name of 'intelli-grime' but if it did exist, id imagine terror would fall under it quite neatly.

SIZZLE
16-02-2006, 04:16 PM
and in any discussion of Terrah's recent output the riddim Radar (sometimes called Sonar) is one of my favorites. The 12 minute vocal version of it with about a billion different MCs on it that Cameo had a while back was pretty crazy. I think the new 12" (silver label) is DOK or someone remixing Terrah, got some good tunes tho, it's on my buy list.

Also we cannot avoid mentioning Piano Madness, another superbly fucked up tune. Terrah continues to keep my interest with his more underground oriented riddim releases, like the above. Some of the really blatant pop r+b stuff he's been doing is too syrupy for me, although I kinda dig the new one with Wiley on it that I think Logan played. He and Young Dot are definitely keeping me interested on the skittery beats and weird sounds tip, something I love in grime that some people are moving away from.

Immryr
16-02-2006, 05:53 PM
Sonar and Radar are 2 different tracks

milkandhoney
16-02-2006, 06:28 PM
yes piano madness is very big

i wanted to get the terror danjah mixtape the other day when i went london but it wasnt there in uptown. am i missing out?

Grievous Angel
16-02-2006, 07:50 PM
Piano madness is good, but I prefer So Contagious, the Shola Ama thing :).

Never liked Juggling much, but Jelly Bean really is Lenky in E8.

Fiddy
17-02-2006, 01:14 PM
rumors were going round a few months ago that majors were fighting over "so sure" - apparently that's why whites were limited when it did appear. all quiet since then, though.

it was picked up by Relentless I believe, just as Kano was signing to 679.

Tactics
17-02-2006, 05:00 PM
isnt syers "stds" on aftershock? thats pretty funny, if a bit gross

gansta toys and the armour tune are a bit so-so.

Target produced that. 'STD's' that is....I think.

Tactics
17-02-2006, 05:29 PM
who has the newish industry standard trilogy? this is the first 12 in ages (maybe ever) *i think* where terror has kinda beefed up his sound, and given it a bit more darkside 'oomph'. i love the first two tracks on this. usually while terrors beats are really meticulously programmed and produced, i sometimes think that fussiness (which is almost elegant in a strange way) makes his tracks quite peppy but also makes them a bit lacking in that they dont have much 'attack'. i was kinda joking when i came up with the name of 'intelli-grime' but if it did exist, id imagine terror would fall under it quite neatly.

This EP is more than big...its f****** huge. I was gonna make a fanboy Aftershock thread one day but looks like I've been beaten to it lol.

Now the rant. 'Drops that 'fussiness' as you call it is not only felt by you but also by loadsa DJ's. As much as certain people rate Terror (like myself...mostly producers) DJ's and MC's don't really which pisses me off boy. That's why you don't really hear Terror's tunes dropped in sets which is RIDICULOUS. MC's always say "switch it man" or "next tune" then wanna get excited over some stupid mash up s***. I've seen and still see it. Its stuff like that always makes me wonder if garage/NUKG/grime can actually suceed when the MC's and DJ's make these sort of choices. Phew - that's off my chest. Intelli-grime/garage...crap name but it would definately suit Terror.

Back to the mighty Aftershock. To me they seem the most business like and professional label around. If they asked me to join I think I'd jump ship lol (don't tell my people lol!). They way I keep hearing their tracks as background and sync music (Channel U ringtone adverts, 1Xtra backgrounds), Terror being the only producer to consistently get tracks on major label garage mc's LP's and also get rmx offers and the general quality of the product as it hits racks (proper labels, coloured vinyl. Think to yourself - have you ever seen a white label Aftershock tune except for the current repress of 'So Sure'?)

The music though. I really don't think fellow garage producers pay attention to other genius producers otherwise they would've fixed up and bought up their game! All the 'Industry Standard's' are exactly that and I really think people should recoqnise this. I was jus getting to speed with 'Piano Madness', 'Sonar' or 'Juggling' just to name a few when I heard 'Stiff' and my head nearly fell off lol - I remember someone coming on here and saying "Terror's the 360 of garage/grime". I feel that entirely. D.O.K, I feel, provides the street/kinda dumb/beginner edge (he's still a murkers don't get me wrong - 'Shock Anthem' and its rmx's for example) to the beats so Terror can experiment like 'Stiff' or 'Sonar'/'Radar' but D.O.K brings it back which is why you'll hear more MC's riding his beats as opposed to Terror's I'm sad to say.

As for the MC's....well....its not so hot here for me. Bruza is ok but the gimmick is wearing thin I think....Triple is a no....they should've kept Shizzle....the younger ones are ok though...Royal and the rest...."Take a breather!"

Ok that's me for now....

actually can someone like Fiddy confirm that DJ Shox has left meaning they've lost their slot on Rinse? plus why do all their CD's look like they've gone thru 'Fisher Price My First Print' in such stark contrast to their vinyl? also is it my imagination or did Terror murk a DJ Eastwood beat in a rmx some years back?

Ekome.

captain easychord
17-02-2006, 05:53 PM
G - B - H - h - h .... DAT'S , DAT'S GANGSTA....

SIZZLE
20-02-2006, 04:11 PM
Sonar and Radar are 2 different tracks

I'm talking about Sonar then, the one on the blue 12". Which is Radar, was it released? I saw Sonar credited in a few playlists as Radar so assumed there was just some name confusion, didn't realize there was another tune.

Red Rooster
20-02-2006, 04:20 PM
Terror being the only producer to consistently get tracks on major label garage mc's LP's .

What albums has he produced on?

I haven't heard anything on Kano, Roll Deep, Dizzee, Lethal albums unless he changed his sound for them.

Red Rooster
20-02-2006, 04:22 PM
My bad, just seen he produced "How We Livin" on Kano's LP.

However thats still only one production on a major album.

I think Aftershock is the best label to come from the grime scene in terms of quality and quantity of releases.

Tactics
21-02-2006, 01:53 PM
My bad, just seen he produced "How We Livin" on Kano's LP.

However thats still only one production on a major album.

I think Aftershock is the best label to come from the grime scene in terms of quality and quantity of releases.

'Poltergeist' RMX aswell from Roll Deep's and 'One Wish' rmx too from Shystie's....I'm sure he's the only one to have work spread out across these garage LP's....

Tactics
24-03-2006, 01:09 PM
if your interested in the day to day life of Terror and some of Aftershock pick up this months Echoes mag - there should be a double page spread article on him (and them) by nii-o (he's a part of my team)....just thought I'll let you lot know....BBP! making industry moves!

gumdrops
30-10-2008, 04:06 PM
bump.

not sure what his recent beats are like but a lot of the old aftershock stuff is really unlike other grime productions.

Elijah
30-10-2008, 04:21 PM
aftershock is finished now as a label.

Terror is still making music though got an instrumental cd ready to go with all the classics on called zip files

nomos
30-10-2008, 04:25 PM
Terror is still making music though got an instrumental cd ready to go with all the classics on called zip files
this is coming out?

gumdrops
30-10-2008, 04:26 PM
please tell him to get some half decent artwork. just make it the label logo even.

Elijah
30-10-2008, 04:37 PM
yea, its got loads of bangers on it.

heres an interview i did with him earliar in the year if you aint seen it http://verybutterz.blogspot.com/2008/06/terror-danjah-hardcast-june-edition.html

Benny B
30-10-2008, 04:37 PM
Was the Zumpi Central EP the last thing to come out on Aftershock then? That DOK/Terror Danja tune 'Code Morse' is one of my favourite Grime instrumentals ever. Its so queasy-sounding it makes me feel seasick. Fits in nicely with all this wonky stuff thats around at the minute too.

nomos
30-10-2008, 04:39 PM
yea, its got loads of bangers on it.

heres an interview i did with him earliar in the year if you aint seen it http://verybutterz.blogspot.com/2008/06/terror-danjah-hardcast-june-edition.html
oh cheers, i missed that

Elijah
30-10-2008, 04:53 PM
Was the Zumpi Central EP the last thing to come out on Aftershock then? That DOK/Terror Danja tune 'Code Morse' is one of my favourite Grime instrumentals ever. Its so queasy-sounding it makes me feel seasick. Fits in nicely with all this wonky stuff thats around at the minute too.

that came out on cameos label. the last thing was shock to the system, but vinyl wise im not even sure.

get hardrive 1 if you want instrumental music from him

Sick Boy
30-10-2008, 05:03 PM

That EP is fucked. The thing I like about Terror Danjah is that when you are mixing grime riddims, you can't leave any one riddim playing for too long otherwise you become painfully aware of its repetitiveness, so you need to mix quick. A lot of Terror Danjah beats aren't like this - there's a lot of substance there that carries the track on its own without having to be mixed to keep people's attention.

That being said, Zumpi Hunter is really repetitive. Nice riddim tho, for sure. I also like Spyro's contribution to the EP.

faustus
30-10-2008, 05:20 PM
think terror danjah's maybe my favourite grime producer (after wiley i guess). tunes like spooky, reloadz, square off are just fucking nuts

viktorvaughn
30-10-2008, 05:27 PM
It's funny...I have probably 20 wiley records in my collection and not a single one by Terror.

elgato
30-10-2008, 06:50 PM
one of my favourite labels across the board, i love these tunes. Terror Danjah is up there with my favourites, and DOK and Big E-D also responsible for some of the craziest tracks i've ever heard. FL had loads of sick releases too

DOK's take on Funky is very exciting also

Sick Boy
30-10-2008, 06:55 PM
DOK's take on Funky is very exciting also

whaaaaaaaaaaat? where can I hear this?!

luka
31-10-2008, 08:26 AM
terror danjah is another st bons old scholar
can any other school fuck with their grime record?

elgato
31-10-2008, 10:45 AM
whaaaaaaaaaaat? where can I hear this?!

Mak 10 has been playing it, you may well have heard it already i guess, i cant remember exactly when it gets dropped though

towards the back end of the b2b with Marcus Nasty, he brings it in very choppy and aggressive in the mix, twisting eq all over, out of a playful female vocal tune... its got a kind of grimey 3 note descending riff, and massive bass drops and congas

Elijah
31-10-2008, 01:42 PM
blackdown played some new dok yesterday i got straight on the phone to terror. I want it!!!!

DOK doing an instrumental cd called DOKUMENT but he dont know when it coming. So dont hold your breath

Sick Boy
31-10-2008, 01:56 PM
DOK doing an instrumental cd called DOKUMENT but he dont know when it coming. So dont hold your breath

:mad::mad::mad::mad:

It's so frustrating how grime artists always just talk about releases that would be so well-received and amazing (sometimes going as far to even concieve a title for the god damn thing) but then lack any real resolve to put it together and put it out.

I mean, for someone like D.O.K., how hard can it possibly be to put together an album's worth of his own riddims? Dot Rotten just put, how many? 6? out this year alone! Just do it!

:mad::mad::mad::mad:

Elijah
01-11-2008, 07:11 PM
blackdown played some new dok yesterday i got straight on the phone to terror. I want it!!!!

well im shocked!!!!

http://www.uptownrecords.com/store/product_info.php?products_id=3505 OUT NOW

Elijah
01-11-2008, 07:19 PM
well im shocked!!!!

http://www.uptownrecords.com/store/product_info.php?products_id=3505 OUT NOW

no pun intended. sorry, its out now full dok instrumental cd

faustus
01-11-2008, 07:38 PM
does any1 know if 'warning' is coming out (or already did and i didn't notice)?
bruza, miz bratt, badness and some others on vocals, such a sick tune!

Elijah
01-11-2008, 07:49 PM
does any1 know if 'warning' is coming out (or already did and i didn't notice)?
bruza, miz bratt, badness and some others on vocals, such a sick tune!

it is on the shock to the system album, which you will probably struggle to find a copy of now. the instrumentals on the dok cd though

gumdrops
18-06-2009, 04:47 PM
does anyone know if the boogeyman instrumental was ever released? i think the 12 i have only has the fire hydrant vocal on the b side....

Immryr
18-06-2009, 05:14 PM
does anyone know if the boogeyman instrumental was ever released? i think the 12 i have only has the fire hydrant vocal on the b side....

yeah it was! i can't remember the name of the ep it was on, had a tune called magnum force by magnum force on it, a big e-d one called grimey and a dok tune i think. not very helpful, i know.

Elijah
18-06-2009, 10:48 PM
its on the road sweeper ep

alex
19-06-2009, 09:27 AM
gangsta toys is so deep, instrumental is hard

raffia
19-06-2009, 09:28 AM
big up Terror allday. that aftershock stuff has seriously stood the test of time.

this thread reminded me about Bruza, anyone remember stuff like that tune he vocalled on wonders lp ? awful. not about sounding like a pubman in grime lol...

alex
19-06-2009, 09:33 AM
Piano Madness is a really good tune aswell, at least I think thats what its called.